The journal concerns cancer metastasis and treatment, including the occurrence, development, progression, metastasis, and treatment of neoplastic diseases. Its coverage includes basic, translational and clinical studies related to cancer cell biology, genomics, precision medicine, medical oncology, radiation therapy and radiology, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, surgery, hematology, neuro-oncology, etc. Articles in the following areas are especially welcome:
- Basic research on cancer occurrence and progression, focusing on molecular biology, cell biology, and genetics;
- Mechanisms of metastasis and its prevention and control;
- Basic and clinical research on treatment of primary, metastatic tumors and the like;
- Improved methods for medical, radiological, and/or surgical treatment of metastatic tumors (immunotherapy, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, biological therapy, operative treatment, interventional therapy, etc.);
- Observational/epidemiological studies focusing on environmental and behavioral factors that reduce the risk of cancer progression and metastasis and gene/environment interactions;
- Primary and secondary prevention studies.
JCMT publishes high-quality original articles, reviews, case reports, commentaries, letters to Editor, etc.