1. Assi HA, Khoury KE, Dbouk H, Khalil LE, Mouhieddine TH, El Saghir NS. Epidemiology and prognosis of breast cancer in young women. J Thorac Dis 2013; doi: 10.3978/j.issn.2072-1439.2013.05.24.
2. Olajide TO, Ugburo AO, Habeebu MO, Lawal AO, Afolayan MO, Mofikoya MO. Awareness and practice of breast screening and its impact on early detection and presentation among breast cancer patients attending a clinic in Lagos, Nigeria. Niger J Clin Pract 2014;17:802-7.
3. Darby SC, Ewertz M, McGale P, Bennet AM, Blom-Goldman U, Brønnum D, Correa C, Cutter D, Gagliardi G, Gigante B, Jensen MB, Nisbet A, Peto R, Rahimi K, Taylor C, Hall P. Risk of ischemic heart disease in women after radiotherapy for breast cancer. N Engl J Med 2013;368:987-98.
4. Clarke M, Collins R, Darby S, Davies C, Elphinstone P, Evans V, Godwin J, Gray R, Hicks C, James S, MacKinnon E, McGale P, McHugh T, Peto R, Taylor C, Wang Y; Early Breast Cancer Trialists' Collaborative Group (EBCTCG). Effects of radiotherapy and of differences in the extent of surgery for early breast cancer on local recurrence and 15-year survival: an overview of the randomised trials. Lancet 2005;366:2087-106.
5. Fowble B, Hanlon A, Freedman G, Nicolaou N, Anderson P. Second cancers after conservative surgery and radiation for stages I-II breast cancer: identifying a subset of women at increased risk. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2001;51:679-90.
6. Raymond JS, Hogue CJ. Multiple primary tumours in women following breast cancer, 1973-2000. Br J Cancer 2006;94:1745-50.
7. Mellemkjaer L, Friis S, Olsen JH, Scélo G, Hemminki K, Tracey E, Andersen A, Brewster DH, Pukkala E, McBride ML, Kliewer EV, Tonita JM, Kee-Seng C, Pompe-Kirn V, Martos C, Jonasson JG, Boffetta P, Brennan P. Risk of second cancer among women with breast cancer. Int J Cancer 2006;118:2285-92.
8. Brown LM, Chen BE, Pfeiffer RM, Schairer C, Hall P, Storm H, Pukkala E, Langmark F, Kaijser M, Andersson M, Joensuu H, Fosså SD, Travis LB. Risk of second non-hematological malignancies among 376,825 breast cancer survivors. Breast Cancer Res tr 2007;106:439-51.
9. Tubiana M. Can we reduce the incidence of second primary malignancies occurring after radiotherapy? A critical review. Radiother Oncol 2009;91:4-15.
10. Rubino C, de Vathaire F, Diallo I, Shamsaldin A, Lê MG. Increased risk of second cancers following breast cancer: role of the initial treatment. Breast Cancer Res Treat 2000;61:183-95.
11. Rubino C, de Vathaire F, Shamsaldin A, Labbe M, Lê MG. Radiation dose, chemotherapy, hormonal treatment and risk of second cancer after breast cancer treatment. Br J Cancer 2003;89:840-6.
12. Zhang W, Becciolini A, Biggeri A, Pacini P, Muirhead CR. Second malignancies in breast cancer patients following radiotherapy: a study in Florence, Italy. Breast Cancer Res 2011;13:R38.
13. Zhang W, Becciolini A, Biggeri A, Pacini P, Muirhead CR. Region of treatment in radiotherapy and second malignancies in breast cancer patients. J Cancer Therapy 2012;3:768-76.
14. Donovan EM, James H, Bonora M, Yarnold JR, Evans PM. Second cancer incidence risk estimates using BEIR VII models for standard and complex external beam radiotherapy for early breast cancer. Med Phys 2012;39:5814-24.
15. Johansen S, Danielsen T, Olsen DR. Estimated risk for secondary cancer in the contra-lateral breast following radiation therapy of breast cancer. Acta Oncol 2008;47:391-6.
16. Niemierko A. (1999) A Generalized Concept of Equivalent Uniform Dose (EUD). Available from: http://www.scirp.org/(S(lz5mqp453edsnp55rrgjct55))/reference/ReferencesPapers.aspx?ReferenceID=1679390. [Last accessed on 30 Sep 2018].
17. Niemierko A. Reporting and analyzing dose distributions: a concept of equivalent uniform dose. Med phys 1997;24:103-10.
18. Webb S, Nahum AE. A model for calculating tumour control probability in radiotherapy including the effects of inhomogeneous distributions of dose and clonogenic cell density. Phys Med Biol 1993;38:653-66.
19. Schneider U, Zwahlen D, Ross D, Kaser-Hotz B. Estimation of radiation-induced cancer from three-dimensional dose distributions: concept of organ equivalent dose. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2005;61:1510-5.
20. Abo-Madyan Y, Aziz MH, Aly MM, Schneider F, Sperk E, Clausen S, Giordano FA, Herskind C, Steil V, Wenz F, Glatting G. Second cancer risk after 3D-CRT, IMRT and VMAT for breast cancer. Radiother Oncol 2014;110:471-6.
21. Schneider U, Kaser-Hotz B. A simple dose-response relationship for modeling secondary cancer incidence after radiotherapy. Z Med Phys 2005;15:31-7.
22. Schneider U, Kaser-Hotz B. Radiation risk estimates after radiotherapy: application of the organ equivalent dose concept to plateau dose-response relationships. Radiat Environ Biophys 2005;44:235-9.
23. Burt LM, Ying J, Poppe MM, Suneja G, Gaffney DK. Risk of secondary malignancies after radiation therapy for breast cancer: comprehensive results. Breast 2017;35:122-9.
24. Berrington de Gonzalez A, Curtis RE, Gilbert E, Berg CD, Smith SA, Stovall M, Ron E. Second solid cancers after radiotherapy for breast cancer in SEER cancer registries. Br J Cancer 2010;102:220-6.
25. Maddams J, Parkin DM, Darby SC. The cancer burden in the United Kingdom in 2007 due to radiotherapy. Int J Cancer 2011;129:2885-93.
26. Morton LM, Gilbert ES, Hall P, Andersson M, Joensuu H, Vaalavirta L, Dores GM, Stovall M, Holowaty EJ, Lynch CF, Curtis RE, Smith SA, Kleinerman RA, Kaijser M, Storm HH, Pukkala E, Weathers RE, Linet MS, Rajaraman P, Fraumeni JF Jr, Brown LM, van Leeuwen FE, Fossa SD, Johannesen TB, Langmark F, Lamart S, Travis LB, Aleman BM. Risk of treatment-related esophageal cancer among breast cancer survivors. Ann Oncol 2012;23:3081-91.
27. Emadi A, Jones RJ, Brodsky RA. Cyclophosphamide and cancer: golden anniversary. Nat Rev Clin Oncol 2009;6:638-47.
28. Travis LB, Gospodarowicz M, Curtis RE, Clarke EA, Andersson M, Glimelius B, Joensuu T, Lynch CF, van Leeuwen FE, Holowaty E, Storm H, Glimelius I, Pukkala E, Stovall M, Fraumeni JF Jr, Boice JD Jr, Gilbert E. Lung cancer following chemotherapy and radiotherapy for Hodgkin's disease. J Natl Cancer Inst 2002;94:182-92.
29. Valagussa P, Moliterni A, Terenziani M, Zambetti M, Bonadonna G. Second malignancies following CMF-based adjuvant chemotherapy in resectable breast cancer. Ann Oncol 1994;5:803-8.
30. Swerdlow AJ, Higgins CD, Smith P, Cunningham D, Hancock BW, Horwich A, Hoskin PJ, Lister TA, Radford JA, Rohatiner AZ, Linch DC. Second cancer risk after chemotherapy for Hodgkin's lymphoma: a collaborative British cohort study. J Clin Oncol 2011;29:4096-104.
31. Corradini S, Ballhausen H, Weingandt H, Freislederer P, Schönecker S, Niyazi M, Simonetto C, Eidemüller M, Ganswindt U, Belka C. Left-sided breast cancer and risks of secondary lung cancer and ischemic heart disease: effects of modern radiotherapy techniques. Strahlenther Onkol 2018;194:196-205.
32. Darby SC, McGale P, Taylor CW, Peto R. Long-term mortality from heart disease and lung cancer after radiotherapy for early breast cancer: prospective cohort study of about 300,000 women in US SEER cancer registries. Lancet Oncol 2005;6:557-65.
33. Kirova YM, De Rycke Y, Gambotti L, Pierga JY, Asselain B, Fourquet A; Institut Curie Breast Cancer Study Group. Second malignancies after breast cancer: the impact of different treatment modalities. Br J Cancer 2008;98:870-4.
34. Prochazka M, Granath F, Ekbom A, Shields PG, Hall P. Lung cancer risks in women with previous breast cancer. Eur J Cancer 2002;38:1520-5.
35. Neugut AI, Murray T, Santos J, Amols H, Hayes MK, Flannery JT, Robinson E. Increased risk of lung cancer after breast cancer radiation therapy in cigarette smokers. Cancer 1994;73:1615-20.
36. Inskip PD, Stovall M, Flannery JT. Lung cancer risk and radiation dose among women treated for breast cancer. J Natl Cancer Inst 1994;86:983-8.
37. Grantzau T, Overgaard J. Risk of second non-breast cancer after radiotherapy for breast cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis of 762,468 patients. Radiother Oncol 2015;114:56-65.
38. Nichols GP, Fontenot JD, Gibbons JP, Sanders ME. Evaluation of volumetric modulated arc therapy for postmastectomy treatment. Radiat Oncol 2014;9:66.
39. Obedian E, Fischer DB, Haffty BG. Second malignancies after treatment of early-stage breast cancer: lumpectomy and radiation therapy versus mastectomy. J Clin Oncol 2000;18:2406-12.
40. Travis LB, Ng AK, Allan JM, Pui CH, Kennedy AR, Xu XG, Purdy JA, Applegate K, Yahalom J, Constine LS, Gilbert ES, Boice JD Jr. Second malignant neoplasms and cardiovascular disease following radiotherapy. J Natl Cancer Inst 2012;104:357-70.
41. Hernandez M, Zhang R, Sanders M, Newhauser W. A treatment planning comparison of volumetric modulated arc therapy and proton therapy for a sample of breast cancer patients treated with post-mastectomy radiotherapy. J Proton Ther 2015; doi: 10.14319/jpt.11.9.
42. Boice JD Jr, Harvey EB, Blettner M, Stovall M, Flannery JT. Cancer in the contralateral breast after radiotherapy for breast cancer. N Engl J Med 1992;326:781-5.
43. Evans HS, Lewis CM, Robinson D, Bell CM, Møller H, Hodgson SV. Incidence of multiple primary cancers in a cohort of women diagnosed with breast cancer in southeast England. Br J Cancer 2001;84:435-40.
44. Levi F, Te VC, Randimbison L, La Vecchia C. Cancer risk in women with previous breast cancer. Ann Oncol 2003;14:71-3.
45. Deutsch M, Land SR, Begovic M, Wieand HS, Wolmark N, Fisher B. The incidence of lung carcinoma after surgery for breast carcinoma with and without postoperative radiotherapy. Results of national surgical adjuvant breast and bowel project (NSABP) clinical trials B-04 and B-06. Cancer 2003;98:1362-8.