2022 Annual Report of Vessel Plus
Vessel Plus has made excellent progress and breakthroughs in 2022. At this moment, the Editorial Office would like to express our heartfelt appreciation to the Editorial Board members, authors, reviewers and readers who have continuously supported Vessel Plus.
The annual summary of Vessel Plus in 2022 is as follows:
1. Editorial Board
In 2022, 8 more extraordinary scholars joined Vessel Plus. As of December 31, 2022, Vessel Plus has 95 Editorial Board members from 17 countries and regions, including the USA, the UK, Italy, Australia, Germany, China, Hungary, Spain, South Africa, Russia, Poland, Qatar, Taiwan, Saudi Arabia, Japan, France, Switzerland, etc.
As of December 31, 2022, the authors of Vessel Plus come from 13 countries, with more than 80% of the authors from the USA, Italy, the UK, Australia, Russia, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Ukraine, Ukraine, Spain, Japan, etc.
The readers of Vessel Plus are globally distributed, covering more than 187 countries and regions, including United States(35%), India(7%), United Kingdom(7%), China(6.7%), Italy(4%), Australia(3.8%), Canada(3%), South Korea(2%), Germany(2%), Japan(1.7%), etc.
4. Published Papers
As of December 31, 2022, Vessel Plus has published 65 articles, including 42 reviews, 11 original articles, 1 commentary, 4 perspectives, 1 technical note, 6 editorials with 1,434,883 total article views and 130,399 total article downloads in 2022.
To build up a diversified platform for scholars to exchange academic works, Vessel Plus created webinar column in 2022. As of December 31, 2022, Vessel Plus has successfully held 3 webinars focusing on different hot topics in vascular disease. The researchers shared and discussed their knowledge, studied together and strengthened the academic circle of researchers in the field of cardiovascular disease.(1) Thoracoabdominal Aortic Aneurysm Surgery: Present and Future
Chair: Joseph S. Coselli, Professor and Chief of the Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Vice-Chair of the Michael E. DeBakey Department of Surgery of Baylor College of Medicine, USA.
(2) Microvesicles/Exosomes in Vascular Biology
Chair: Narasimham L. Parinandi, Associate Professor in the Department of Medicine, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, USA.
(3) Future Directions and Advances in Cardiovascular Research
Chair: Alberto Cordero, Cardiology Department, Interventional Cardiology Unit, Hospital Universitario de San Juan, Alicante, Spain.
As of December 31, 2022, Vessel Plus had the honor to interview 11 distinguished experts in different filed of vascular disease. Here are the guest interviewers in 2022:
(1) Prof. Carl J. Lavie, Ochsner Clinical School, The University of Queensland School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA, USA.
(2) Prof. Theresa L. Whiteside, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA.
(3) Prof. Joseph S. Coselli, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA.
(4) Prof. Carlos A. Mestres, University of the Free State, Bloemfontein, South Africa.
(5) Prof. Annie Laurie W. Shroyer, Stony Brook University Renaissance School of Medicine, Stony Brook, NY, USA.
(6) Prof. L. Maximilian Buja, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth), Houston, TX, USA.
(7) Prof. Frank W. Sellke, Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, RI, USA.
(8) Prof. Manel Sabaté, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain.
(9) Prof. Steven Goldman, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, USA.
(10) Dr. Cristiano Spadaccio, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA.
(11) Prof. Ramani Ramchandran, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, USA.
7. Journal Partners
The journal has cooperated with 5 international conferences in 2022 to promote the journal.
With Vessel Plus indexed by Scopus in 2021, the citations of the journal in 2022 increased significantly compared to 2021. In the future, Vessel Plus will adhere to publishing more valuable and high-quality papers in the vascular disease field as well as bringing more wonderful webinars and interviews. Thanks again to all the experts who have contributed to Vessel Plus. We look forward to the joint efforts of the Editorial Office and the Editorial Board to build a bountiful 2023.
Respectfully Submitted by the Editorial Office of Vessel Plus.