Recruiting Editor-in-Chief for the Journal of Plastic and Aesthetic Research
We are currently looking for a new Editor-in-Chief for the journal Plastic and Aesthetic Research (PAR). The full responsibilities of the new Editor(s)*-in-Chief will commence with the January 2024 issue.
PAR is an open-access, peer-reviewed online publication (Online ISSN: 2349-6150; https://www.oaepublish.com/par). The journal is indexed within Scopus (CiteScore:1.4), Lens, Dimensions, and other databases. It publishes articles encompassing technical and clinical studies related to plastic and aesthetic surgery, covering topics such as plastic and aesthetic materials, plastic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, head and neck surgery, microsurgery, laser treatment, orthopedic surgery, ophthalmoplasty, dentistry, psychology, social ethics, and other medical disciplines associated with postoperative complications of plastic surgery.
As Editor-in-Chief, you will be instrumental in shaping the strategic direction of PAR. This involves collaborating closely with the editorial team and Editorial Board members to maintain an uncompromising peer-review process and enhance the journal's impact within the field. In addition, the Editor-in-Chief will commission high-quality articles and topical special issues. We are seeking an ambitious and dynamic Editor-in-Chief passionate about advancing plastic and aesthetic research, demonstrating a steadfast commitment to upholding the highest standards of scientific integrity.
Responsibilities of the Editor-in-Chief of PAR include:
- Editorial Direction: Formulating the editorial direction and strategy of the journal, ensuring alignment with academic trends and the journal's positioning;
- Supervising the Peer-Review Process: Overseeing the editorial process for individual manuscripts;
- Timely and Efficient Handling of Submitted Manuscripts: Performing pre-checks of new manuscripts and making final decisions after peer review and revisions when requested, while maintaining frequent communication with the publisher's editorial and production teams;
- Maintaining Journal Reputation: Upholding the journal's reputation, addressing concerns such as paper complaints and ethical issues, and ensuring adherence to academic standards;
- Soliciting Articles and Suggesting Topics for Special Issues: Identifying hot topics in the industry and laying a solid foundation for focusing on high-quality manuscript Special Issues;
- Promoting the Journal at National and International Scientific Meetings: Actively expanding the journal's authorship and readership, enhancing its visibility, and increasing its impact;
- Managing the Editorial Board: Chairing the annual Editorial Board meeting and inviting distinguished experts to join the Editorial Board.
- Expertise: Strong background in plastic and aesthetic research;
- Leadership Skills: Proven leadership and organizational abilities;
- Ethical Commitment: Dedication to maintaining the highest standards of scientific publishing ethics;
- Experience: Previous editorial roles and/or experience with an online editorial system would be an advantage but not mandatory.
The successful candidate should be capable of devoting several hours each week to PAR. An annual honorarium is provided for the role. The new Editor-in-Chief will assume responsibilities starting January 2024.
Please email your curriculum vitae, including publication history and relevant editorial experience, together with a cover letter expressing your views on the present status of PAR and outlining your vision for the journal’s development (300-500 words), to the Journal Publishing Manager at
Respectfully submitted by the Editorial Office
Plastic and Aesthetic Research