Hepatoma Research is an international peer-reviewed, open access, online journal.
Aims and Scope
The journal focuses on all topics related to hepatoma, including its occurrence, development, diagnosis, and treatment. The coverage also extends to other basic and clinical studies related to statistics, epidemiology, public health, surgery, internal medicine, cell biology, pathology, pathophysiology, immunology, genetics, pharmacology, etc.
- Carcinogenic mechanism of hepatoma, especially the role of HBV evolution on the development of hepatocellular carcinoma;
- Development of diagnostic, prognostic, and predictive biomarkers for hepatocellular carcinoma and biliary tract cancer;
- Therapeutic options of hepatoma as well as complications of hepatoma including basic and clinical research on animal models, liver transplantation, molecular targeted therapy, immunotherapy, interventional therapy, hepatoma treatment-related drugs, as well as clinical transition of the latest laboratory therapy;
- Epidemiology of liver cancer and biliary tract cancer: including risk factors of liver cancer and biliary tract cancer, statistics, survival and prognosis, predictive risk models, active prophylaxis of liver cancer and biliary tract cancer. Cohort study and randomized controlled clinical trial are particularly welcome.
The journal publishes the following types of articles: Original Article, Review, Systematic Review, Meta-analysis, Case Report, Commentary, Editorial, Research Highlight, etc.
The journal is owned by OAE Publishing Inc.
Gold open access. All articles published by Hepatoma Research are made freely and permanently accessible online immediately from the date of publication. For further information, please refer to Open Access.
Copyright and License to Publish
Articles in Hepatoma Research had been published under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0) by October 2017, whereas the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) was further adopted afterwards. The CC BY 4.0 allows for maximum dissemination and re-use of open access materials and is preferred by many research funding bodies. Under this license users are free to share (copy, distribute and transmit) and remix (adapt) the contribution for any purposes, even commercially, provided that the users appropriately acknowledge the original authors and the source.
Copyright is retained by authors. Authors are required to sign a License to Publish (which can be downloaded from the journal's Author Instructions), granting Hepatoma Research, which identifies itself as the original publisher, exclusive rights to publish their articles, and granting any third party the right to use the articles freely as long as the integrity is maintained and the original authors, citation details and publisher are identified.
For more information about the editorial team, please refer to Editorial Board.
All manuscripts submitted to Hepatoma Research should adhere to Hepatoma Research's Editorial Policies.
Publication Ethics Statement
The Editors of this journal enforce a rigorous peer-review process together with strict ethical policies and standards to guarantee to add high quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, image manipulation, inappropriate authorship credit, and the like, do arise. The Editors of Hepatoma Research take such publishing ethics issues very seriously and are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy. To verify the originality of content submitted to our journals, we use CrossCheck (powered by iThenticate) to check submissions against previous publications.
Journal Information and Statistics
- Launch date: April 15, 2015
- Publication model: Open access
- Online ISSN: 2454-2520
- Print ISSN: 2394-5079
- Digital archive: Portico
- Frequency: Continuously published
- DOI: 10.20517/2394-5079
Indexing & ArchivingAll articles published in Hepatoma Research are included in:
- Chaoxing "Domain" Publishing Platform
- Cite Factor
Please visit the Contact Us for details about different queries.