1. Milbrandt J. A nerve growth factor-induced gene encodes a possible transcriptional regulatory factor. Science 1987;238:797-9.
2. Kaufmann K, Bach K, Thiel G. The extracellular signal-regulated protein kinases Erk1/Erk2 stimulate expression and biological activity of the transcriptional regulator Egr-1. Biol Chem 2001;382:1077-81.
3. Gashler AL, Swaminathan S, Sukhatme VP. A novel repression module, an extensive activation domain, and a bipartite nuclear localization signal defined in the immediate-early transcription factor Egr-1. Mol Cell Biol 1993;13:4556-71.
4. Cui L, Schoene NW, Zhu L, Fanzo JC, Alshatwi A, Lei KY. Zinc depletion reduced Egr-1 and HNF-3beta expression and apolipoprotein A-I promoter activity in Hep G2 cells. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 2002;283:C623-30.
5. Duclot F, Kabbaj M. The role of early growth response 1 (EGR1) in brain plasticity and neuropsychiatric disorders. Front Behav Neurosci 2017;11:35.
6. Swirnoff AH, Apel ED, Svaren J, Sevetson BR, Zimonjic DB, Popescu NC, Milbrandt J. Nab1, a corepressor of NGFI-A (Egr-1), contains an active transcriptional repression domain. Mol Cell Biol 1998;18:512-24.
7. Sevetson BR, Svaren J, Milbrandt J. A novel activation function for NAB proteins in EGR-dependent transcription of the luteinizing hormone beta gene. J Biol Chem 2000;275:9749-57.
8. Li XJ, Wang KM, Xu Y, Wang ZH, Xia AD, Chen SS, Qian GX. Ionizing radiation-regulated killing of human hepatoma cells by liposome-mediated CDglyTK gene delivery. Sheng Wu Hua Xue Yu Sheng Wu Wu Li Xue Bao (Shanghai) 2003;35:64-70. (in Chinese)
9. Keeton AB, Bortoff KD, Bennett WL, Franklin JL, Venable DY, Messina JL. Insulin-regulated expression of Egr-1 and Krox20: dependence on ERK1/2 and interaction with p38 and PI3-kinase pathways. Endocrinology 2003;144:5402-10.
10. Chen SJ, Ning H, Ishida W, Sodin-Semrl S, Takagawa S, Mori Y, Varga J. The early-immediate gene EGR-1 is induced by transforming growth factor-beta and mediates stimulation of collagen gene expression. J Biol Chem 2006;281:21183-97.
11. Zhang Y, Bonzo JA, Gonzalez FJ, Wang L. Diurnal regulation of the early growth response 1 (Egr-1) protein expression by hepatocyte nuclear factor 4alpha (HNF4alpha) and small heterodimer partner (SHP) cross-talk in liver fibrosis. J Biol Chem 2011;286:29635-43.
12. Zhang Y, Xu N, Xu J, Kong B, Copple B, Guo GL, Wang L. E2F1 is a novel fibrogenic gene that regulates cholestatic liver fibrosis through the Egr-1/SHP/EID1 network. Hepatology 2014;60:919-30.
13. Zhu HY, Bai WD, Wang HT, Xie ST, Tao K, Su LL, Liu JQ, Yang XK, Li J, Wang YC, He T, Han JT, Hu DH. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma agonist inhibits collagen synthesis in human keloid fibroblasts by suppression of early growth response-1 expression through upregulation of miR-543 expression. Am J Cancer Res 2016;6:1358-70.
14. Dussmann P, Pagel JI, Vogel S, Magnusson T, Zimmermann R, Wagner E, Schaper W, Ogris M, Deindl E. Live in vivo imaging of Egr-1 promoter activity during neonatal development, liver regeneration and wound healing. BMC Dev Biol 2011;11:28.
15. Christy B, Nathans D. DNA binding site of the growth factor-inducible protein Zif268. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 1989;86:8737-41.
16. Fagerberg L, Hallstrom BM, Oksvold P, Kampf C, Djureinovic D, Odeberg J, Habuka M, Tahmasebpoor S, Danielsson A, Edlund K, Asplund A, Sjostedt E, Lundberg E, Szigyarto CA, Skogs M, Takanen JO, Berling H, Tegel H, Mulder J, Nilsson P, Schwenk JM, Lindskog C, Danielsson F, Mardinoglu A, Sivertsson A, von Feilitzen K, Forsberg M, Zwahlen M, Olsson I, Navani S, Huss M, Nielsen J, Ponten F, Uhlen M. Analysis of the human tissue-specific expression by genome-wide integration of transcriptomics and antibody-based proteomics. Mol Cell Proteomics 2014;13:397-406.
17. Yang H, Lee JH, Noh JK, Kim HC, Park CJ, Park JW, Kim KK. Expression pattern of early growth response gene 1 during olive flounder (paralichthys olivaceus) embryonic development. Dev Reprod 2014;18:233-40.
18. Pritchard MT, Malinak RN, Nagy LE. Early growth response (EGR)-1 is required for timely cell-cycle entry and progression in hepatocytes after acute carbon tetrachloride exposure in mice. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 2011;300:G1124-31.
19. Veyrac A, Gros A, Bruel-Jungerman E, Rochefort C, Kleine Borgmann FB, Jessberger S, Laroche S. Zif268/egr1 gene controls the selection, maturation and functional integration of adult hippocampal newborn neurons by learning. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2013;110:7062-7.
20. Zhang J, Zhang Y, Sun T, Guo F, Huang S, Chandalia M, Abate N, Fan D, Xin HB, Chen YE, Fu M. Dietary obesity-induced Egr-1 in adipocytes facilitates energy storage via suppression of FOXC2. Sci Rep 2013;3:1476.
21. Yang YM, Fang F, Li X, Yu L, Wang ZC. TRAIL overexpression co-regulated by Egr1 and HRE enhances radiosensitivity of hypoxic A549 cells depending on its apoptosis inducing role. Oncol Rep 2017;37:533-9.
22. Bhattacharyya S, Wu M, Fang F, Tourtellotte W, Feghali-Bostwick C, Varga J. Early growth response transcription factors: key mediators of fibrosis and novel targets for anti-fibrotic therapy. Matrix Biol 2011;30:235-42.
23. Kobayashi D, Yamada M, Kamagata C, Kaneko R, Tsuji N, Nakamura M, Yagihashi A, Watanabe N. Overexpression of early growth response-1 as a metastasis-regulatory factor in gastric cancer. Anticancer Res 2002;22:3963-70.
24. Gokey NG, Lopez-Anido C, Gillian-Daniel AL, Svaren J. Early growth response 1 (Egr1) regulates cholesterol biosynthetic gene expression. J Biol Chem 2011;286:29501-10.
25. Mohn KL, Laz TM, Melby AE, Taub R. Immediate-early gene expression differs between regenerating liver, insulin-stimulated H-35 cells, and mitogen-stimulated Balb/c 3T3 cells. Liver-specific induction patterns of gene 33, phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase, and the jun, fos, and egr families. J Biol Chem 1990;265:21914-21.
27. Bechmann LP, Hannivoort RA, Gerken G, Hotamisligil GS, Trauner M, Canbay A. The interaction of hepatic lipid and glucose metabolism in liver diseases. J Hepatol 2012;56:952-64.
28. Josefsen K, Sorensen LR, Buschard K, Birkenbach M. Glucose induces early growth response gene (Egr-1) expression in pancreatic beta cells. Diabetologia 1999;42:195-203.
29. Hasan RN, Phukan S, Harada S. Differential regulation of early growth response gene-1 expression by insulin and glucose in vascular endothelial cells. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 2003;23:988-93.
30. Harada S, Esch GL, Holgado-Madruga M, Wong AJ. Grb-2-associated binder-1 is involved in insulin-induced egr-1 gene expression through its phosphatidylinositol 3'-kinase binding site. DNA Cell Biol 2001;20:223-9.
31. Gousseva N, Kugathasan K, Chesterman CN, Khachigian LM. Early growth response factor-1 mediates insulin-inducible vascular endothelial cell proliferation and regrowth after injury. J Cell Biochem 2001;81:523-34.
32. Barroso I, Santisteban P. Insulin-induced early growth response gene (Egr-1) mediates a short term repression of rat malic enzyme gene transcription. J Biol Chem 1999;274:17997-8004.
33. Streeper RS, Chapman SC, Ayala JE, Svitek CA, Goldman JK, Cave A, O'Brien RM. A phorbol ester-insensitive AP-1 motif mediates the stimulatory effect of insulin on rat malic enzyme gene transcription. Mol Endocrinol 1998;12:1778-91.
34. Kilbourne EJ, Widom R, Harnish DC, Malik S, Karathanasis SK. Involvement of early growth response factor Egr-1 in apolipoprotein AI gene transcription. J Biol Chem 1995;270:7004-10.
35. Shen N, Yu X, Pan FY, Gao X, Xue B, Li CJ. An early response transcription factor, Egr-1, enhances insulin resistance in type 2 diabetes with chronic hyperinsulinism. J Biol Chem 2011;286:14508-15.
36. Biddinger SB, Kahn CR. From mice to men: insights into the insulin resistance syndromes. Annu Rev Physiol 2006;68:123-58.
37. Fujishiro M, Gotoh Y, Katagiri H, Sakoda H, Ogihara T, Anai M, Onishi Y, Ono H, Abe M, Shojima N, Fukushima Y, Kikuchi M, Oka Y, Asano T. Three mitogen-activated protein kinases inhibit insulin signaling by different mechanisms in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. Mol Endocrinol 2003;17:487-97.
38. Virolle T, Adamson ED, Baron V, Birle D, Mercola D, Mustelin T, de Belle I. The Egr-1 transcription factor directly activates PTEN during irradiation-induced signalling. Nat Cell Biol 2001;3:1124-8.
39. Shen N, Gong T, Wang JD, Meng FL, Qiao L, Yang RL, Xue B, Pan FY, Zhou XJ, Chen HQ, Ning W, Li CJ. Cigarette smoke-induced pulmonary inflammatory responses are mediated by EGR-1/GGPPS/MAPK signaling. Am J Pathol 2011;178:110-8.
40. Yu X, Shen N, Zhang ML, Pan FY, Wang C, Jia WP, Liu C, Gao Q, Gao X, Xue B, Li CJ. Egr-1 decreases adipocyte insulin sensitivity by tilting PI3K/Akt and MAPK signal balance in mice. EMBO J 2011;30:3754-65.
41. Weng K, Hu H, Xu AG, Khaitovich P, Somel M. Mechanisms of dietary response in mice and primates: a role for EGR1 in regulating the reaction to human-specific nutritional content. PLoS One 2012;7:e43915.
42. McMullen MR, Pritchard MT, Wang Q, Millward CA, Croniger CM, Nagy LE. Early growth response-1 transcription factor is essential for ethanol-induced fatty liver injury in mice. Gastroenterology 2005;128:2066-76.
43. Song H, Zheng Z, Wu J, Lai J, Chu Q, Zheng X. White pitaya (hylocereus undatus) juice attenuates insulin resistance and hepatic steatosis in diet-induced obese mice. PLoS One 2016;11:e0149670.
44. Ference BA, Ginsberg HN, Graham I, Ray KK, Packard CJ, Bruckert E, Hegele RA, Krauss RM, Raal FJ, Schunkert H, Watts GF, Boren J, Fazio S, Horton JD, Masana L, Nicholls SJ, Nordestgaard BG, van de Sluis B, Taskinen MR, Tokgozoglu L, Landmesser U, Laufs U, Wiklund O, Stock JK, Chapman MJ, Catapano AL. Low-density lipoproteins cause atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease. 1. Evidence from genetic, epidemiologic, and clinical studies. A consensus statement from the European Atherosclerosis Society Consensus Panel. Eur Heart J 2017;38:2459-72.
45. Li T, Chiang JY. Regulation of bile acid and cholesterol metabolism by PPARs. PPAR Res 2009;2009:501739.
46. Madison BB. Srebp2: a master regulator of sterol and fatty acid synthesis. J Lipid Res 2016;57:333-5.
47. Sanchez-Infantes D, White UA, Elks CM, Morrison RF, Gimble JM, Considine RV, Ferrante AW, Ravussin E, Stephens JM. Oncostatin m is produced in adipose tissue and is regulated in conditions of obesity and type 2 diabetes. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2014;99:E217-25.
48. Zhou Y, Zhang F, Abidi P, Lin M, Thiel G, Liu J. Blockage of oncostatin M-induced LDL receptor gene transcription by a dominant-negative mutant of C/EBPbeta. Biochem J 2006;397:101-8.
49. Zhang F, Ahlborn TE, Li C, Kraemer FB, Liu J. Identification of Egr1 as the oncostatin M-induced transcription activator that binds to sterol-independent regulatory element of human LDL receptor promoter. J Lipid Res 2002;43:1477-85.
51. Song Z, Gupta K, Ng IC, Xing J, Yang YA, Yu H. Mechanosensing in liver regeneration. Semin Cell Dev Biol 2017; doi: 10.1016/j.semcdb.2017.07.041.
52. Tao Y, Wang M, Chen E, Tang H. Liver Regeneration: Analysis of the Main Relevant Signaling Molecules. Mediators Inflamm 2017;2017:4256352.
53. Bohm F, Kohler UA, Speicher T, Werner S. Regulation of liver regeneration by growth factors and cytokines. EMBO Mol Med 2010;2:294-305.
54. Dooley S, ten Dijke P. TGF-beta in progression of liver disease. Cell Tissue Res 2012;347:245-56.
55. Sacilotto N, Castillo J, Riffo-Campos AL, Flores JM, Hibbitt O, Wade-Martins R, Lopez C, Rodrigo MI, Franco L, Lopez-Rodas G. Growth arrest specific 1 (Gas1) gene overexpression in liver reduces the in vivo progression of murine hepatocellular carcinoma and partially restores gene expression levels. PLoS One 2015;10:e0132477.
56. Biesiada E, Krawczyk Z, Chorazy M. Expression of c-jun and Egr-1 genes in rat liver in response to partial hepatectomy, and injection of turpentine. Cell Biol Int Rep 1992;16:53-62.
57. Peng Y, Du K, Ramirez S, Diamond RH, Taub R. Mitogenic up-regulation of the PRL-1 protein-tyrosine phosphatase gene by Egr-1. Egr-1 activation is an early event in liver regeneration. J Biol Chem 1999;274:4513-20.
58. Liao Y, Shikapwashya ON, Shteyer E, Dieckgraefe BK, Hruz PW, Rudnick DA. Delayed hepatocellular mitotic progression and impaired liver regeneration in early growth response-1-deficient mice. J Biol Chem 2004;279:43107-16.
59. McKee SC, Thompson CS, Sabourin LA, Hakim AM. Regulation of expression of early growth response transcription factors in rat primary cortical neurons by extracellular ATP. Brain Res 2006;1088:1-11.
60. Tackett BC, Sun H, Mei Y, Maynard JP, Cheruvu S, Mani A, Hernandez-Garcia A, Vigneswaran N, Karpen SJ, Thevananther S. P2Y2 purinergic receptor activation is essential for efficient hepatocyte proliferation in response to partial hepatectomy. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 2014;307:G1073-87.
61. Greenbaum LE, Li W, Cressman DE, Peng Y, Ciliberto G, Poli V, Taub R. CCAAT enhancer- binding protein beta is required for normal hepatocyte proliferation in mice after partial hepatectomy. J Clin Invest 1998;102:996-1007.
62. Li W, Liang X, Leu JI, Kovalovich K, Ciliberto G, Taub R. Global changes in interleukin-6-dependent gene expression patterns in mouse livers after partial hepatectomy. Hepatology 2001;33:1377-86.
63. Lai S, Yuan J, Zhao D, Shen N, Chen W, Ding Y, Yu D, Li J, Pan F, Zhu M, Li C, Xue B. Regulation of mice liver regeneration by early growth response-1 through the GGPPS/RAS/MAPK pathway. Int J Biochem Cell Biol 2015;64:147-54.
64. Donohue TM Jr, Osna NA, Trambly CS, Whitaker NP, Thomes PG, Todero SL, Davis JS. Early growth response-1 contributes to steatosis development after acute ethanol administration. Alcohol Clin Exp Res 2012;36:759-67.
65. Subrata LS, Lowes KN, Olynyk JK, Yeoh GC, Quail EA, Abraham LJ. Hepatic expression of the tumor necrosis factor family member lymphotoxin-beta is regulated by interleukin (IL)-6 and IL-1beta: transcriptional control mechanisms in oval cells and hepatoma cell lines. Liver Int 2005;25:633-46.
66. Mueller L, Broering DC, Meyer J, Vashist Y, Goettsche J, Wilms C, Rogiers X. The induction of the immediate-early-genes Egr-1, PAI-1 and PRL-1 during liver regeneration in surgical models is related to increased portal flow. J Hepatol 2002;37:606-12.
67. Pritchard MT, Nagy LE. Hepatic fibrosis is enhanced and accompanied by robust oval cell activation after chronic carbon tetrachloride administration to Egr-1-deficient mice. Am J Pathol 2010;176:2743-52.
68. Bryant M, Drew GM, Houston P, Hissey P, Campbell CJ, Braddock M. Tissue repair with a therapeutic transcription factor. Hum Gene Ther 2000;11:2143-58.
69. Haas TL, Stitelman D, Davis SJ, Apte SS, Madri JA. Egr-1 mediates extracellular matrix-driven transcription of membrane type 1 matrix metalloproteinase in endothelium. J Biol Chem 1999;274:22679-85.
70. Pritchard MT, McCracken JM. Identifying novel targets for treatment of liver fibrosis: what can we learn from injured tissues which heal without a scar? Curr Drug Targets 2015;16:1332-46.
71. Alexander D, Judex M, Meyringer R, Weis-Klemm M, Gay S, Muller-Ladner U, Aicher WK. Transcription factor Egr-1 activates collagen expression in immortalized fibroblasts or fibrosarcoma cells. Biol Chem 2002;383:1845-53.
72. Chen WN, Oon CJ, Leong AL, Koh S, Teng SW. Expression of integrated hepatitis B virus X variants in human hepatocellular carcinomas and its significance. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 2000;276:885-92.
73. Xie Y, McGill MR, Dorko K, Kumer SC, Schmitt TM, Forster J, Jaeschke H. Mechanisms of acetaminophen-induced cell death in primary human hepatocytes. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 2014;279:266-74.
74. Peng WX, Xiong EM, Ge L, Wan YY, Zhang CL, Du FY, Xu M, Bhat RA, Jin J, Gong AH. Egr-1 promotes hypoxia-induced autophagy to enhance chemo-resistance of hepatocellular carcinoma cells. Exp Cell Res 2016;340:62-70.
75. Watelet J, Laurent V, Bressenot A, Bronowicki JP, Larrey D, Peyrin-Biroulet L. Toxicity of chronic paracetamol ingestion. Aliment Pharmacol Ther 2007;26:1543-4; author reply 1545-6.
76. Pang C, Shi L, Sheng Y, Zheng Z, Wei H, Wang Z, Ji L. Caffeic acid attenuated acetaminophen-induced hepatotoxicity by inhibiting ERK1/2-mediated early growth response-1 transcriptional activation. Chem Biol Interact 2016;260:186-95.
77. Bai Q, Yan H, Sheng Y, Jin Y, Shi L, Ji L, Wang Z. Long-term acetaminophen treatment induced liver fibrosis in mice and the involvement of Egr-1. Toxicology 2017;382:47-58.
78. Gitenay D, Baron VT. Is EGR1 a potential target for prostate cancer therapy? Future Oncol 2009;5:993-1003.
79. Yuan S, Wen J, Cheng J, Shen W, Zhou S, Yan W, Shen L, Luo A, Wang S. Age-associated up-regulation of EGR1 promotes granulosa cell apoptosis during follicle atresia in mice through the NF-kappaB pathway. Cell Cycle 2016;15:2895-905.
80. Shareef MM, Cui N, Burikhanov R, Gupta S, Satishkumar S, Shajahan S, Mohiuddin M, Rangnekar VM, Ahmed MM. Role of tumor necrosis factor-alpha and TRAIL in high-dose radiation-induced bystander signaling in lung adenocarcinoma. Cancer Res 2007;67:11811-20.
81. Wang F, Kuang Y, Salem N, Anderson PW, Lee Z. Cross-species hybridization of woodchuck hepatitis viral infection-induced woodchuck hepatocellular carcinoma using human, rat and mouse oligonucleotide microarrays. J Gastroenterol Hepatol 2009;24:605-17.
82. Choi EJ, Yoo NJ, Kim MS, An CH, Lee SH. Putative tumor suppressor genes EGR1 and BRSK1 are mutated in gastric and colorectal cancers. Oncology 2016;91:289-94.
83. Lu Z, Ghosh S, Wang Z, Hunter T. Downregulation of caveolin-1 function by EGF leads to the loss of E-cadherin, increased transcriptional activity of beta-catenin, and enhanced tumor cell invasion. Cancer Cell 2003;4:499-515.
84. Engelman JA, Zhang XL, Razani B, Pestell RG, Lisanti MP. p42/44 MAP kinase-dependent and -independent signaling pathways regulate caveolin-1 gene expression. Activation of Ras-MAP kinase and protein kinase a signaling cascades transcriptionally down-regulates caveolin-1 promoter activity. J Biol Chem 1999;274:32333-41.
85. Dhillon AS, Hagan S, Rath O, Kolch W. MAP kinase signalling pathways in cancer. Oncogene 2007;26:3279-90.
86. Berger E, Vega N, Vidal H, Geloen A. Gene network analysis leads to functional validation of pathways linked to cancer cell growth and survival. Biotechnol J 2012;7:1395-404.
87. Yang W, Zhao JG, Li XY, Gong SL, Cao JP. Anti-tumor effect of 125I-UdR in combination with Egr-1 promoter-based IFNgamma gene therapy in vivo. Radiat Environ Biophys 2010;49:705-14.
88. Hao MW, Liang YR, Liu YF, Liu L, Wu MY, Yang HX. Transcription factor EGR-1 inhibits growth of hepatocellular carcinoma and esophageal carcinoma cell lines. World J Gastroenterol 2002;8:203-7.
89. Park SE, Lee SW, Hossain MA, Kim MY, Kim MN, Ahn EY, Park YC, Suh H, Kim GY, Choi YH, Kim ND. A chenodeoxycholic derivative, HS-1200, induces apoptosis and cell cycle modulation via Egr-1 gene expression control on human hepatoma cells. Cancer Lett 2008;270:77-86.
90. Yu J, Zhang SS, Saito K, Williams S, Arimura Y, Ma Y, Ke Y, Baron V, Mercola D, Feng GS, Adamson E, Mustelin T. PTEN regulation by Akt-EGR1-ARF-PTEN axis. EMBO J 2009;28:21-33.
91. Tian H, Ge C, Li H, Zhao F, Hou H, Chen T, Jiang G, Xie H, Cui Y, Yao M, Li J. Ribonucleotide reductase M2B inhibits cell migration and spreading by early growth response protein 1-mediated phosphatase and tensin homolog/Akt1 pathway in hepatocellular carcinoma. Hepatology 2014;59:1459-70.
92. Wang L, Sun H, Wang X, Hou N, Zhao L, Tong D, He K, Yang Y, Song T, Yang J, Huang C. EGR1 mediates miR-203a suppress the hepatocellular carcinoma cells progression by targeting HOXD3 through EGFR signaling pathway. Oncotarget 2016;7:45302-16.
93. Lee KH, Kim JR. Hepatocyte growth factor induced up-regulations of VEGF through Egr-1 in hepatocellular carcinoma cells. Clin Exp Metastasis 2009;26:685-92.
94. Archer KJ, Mas VR, David K, Maluf DG, Bornstein K, Fisher RA. Identifying genes for establishing a multigenic test for hepatocellular carcinoma surveillance in hepatitis C virus-positive cirrhotic patients. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 2009;18:2929-32.
95. Ma Y, Han CC, Huang Q, Sun WY, Wei W. GRK2 overexpression inhibits IGF1-induced proliferation and migration of human hepatocellular carcinoma cells by downregulating EGR1. Oncol Rep 2016;35:3068-74.
96. Peng WX, Pan FY, Liu XJ, Ning S, Xu N, Meng FL, Wang YQ, Li CJ. Hypoxia stabilizes microtubule networks and decreases tumor cell chemosensitivity to anticancer drugs through Egr-1. Anat Rec (Hoboken) 2010;293:414-20.
97. Chang Y, Yan W, He X, Zhang L, Li C, Huang H, Nace G, Geller DA, Lin J, Tsung A. miR-375 inhibits autophagy and reduces viability of hepatocellular carcinoma cells under hypoxic conditions. Gastroenterology 2012;143:177-87.e8.
98. Toshima T, Shirabe K, Matsumoto Y, Yoshiya S, Ikegami T, Yoshizumi T, Soejima Y, Ikeda T, Maehara Y. Autophagy enhances hepatocellular carcinoma progression by activation of mitochondrial beta-oxidation. J Gastroenterol 2014;49:907-16.