1. Bouaziz H, Croute F, Boudawara T, Soleilhavoup JP, Zeghal N. Oxidative stress induced by fluoride in adult mice and their suckling pups. Exp Toxicol Pathol 2007;58:339-49.
3. Barrera G. Oxidative stress and lipid peroxidation products in cancer progression and therapy. ISRN Oncol 2012;2012:137289.
4. Hassan HA, Abdel-Aziz AF. Evaluation of free radical-scavenging and anti-oxidant properties of black berry against fluoride toxicity in rats. Food Chem Toxicol 2010;48:1999-2004.
5. Serag HM, Hassan HA, Qadir MS. Efficiency of cape gooseberry in attenuating some biochemical disorders and oxidative stress associated with hepatocellular carcinoma. Wullfenia 2015;22:62-89.
6. Hassan HA, Al-Rawi MM. Evaluation grape seeds proanthocyanidin extract as a hepatic-reno-protective agent against gibberellic acid induced oxidative stress and cellular alterations. J Cytotechnol 2013;65:567-76.
7. Hassan HA, Edress GM, El-Gamal E, El-Sayed EA. Amelioration of cisplatin-induced nephrotoxicity by grape seed proanthocynidin extract and fish oil is mediated by lowering oxidative stress and DNA damage. J Cytotechnol 2014;66:419-29.
8. Facchini PJ, Bird DA, St-Pierre B. Can arabidopsis make complex alkaloids? Trends Plant Sci 2004;9:116-22.
9. Hassan HA, El-Gharib NE, Azhari AF. Role of natural antioxidants in the therapeutic management of hepatocellular carcinoma. Hepatoma Res 2016;2:216-23.
10. Ramadan MF, Moersel JT. Goldenberry: a noval fruit source of fat soluble bioactives. J Inform 2004;15:130-1.
11. Szefer P, Nriagu J. Mineral components in foods. Taylor Francis, FL: CRC Press; 2007. p. 480.
12. Wang IK, Lin-Shiau SY, Lin JK. Induction of apoptosis by apigenin and related flavonoids through cytochrome c release and activation of caspase-9 and caspase-3 in leukaremia HL-60 cells. J Eurpean Cancer 1999;35:1517-25.
13. Ramadan MF. Bioactive phytochemicals, nutritional value, and functi-onal properties of cape gooseberry (Physalis peruviana): an overview. Food Res Inter 2011;44:1830-6.
14. Hassan HA, Serag HM, Abdel-Hamid NM, Amr MM. Synergistic curative effect of chicory extract and cisplatin against thioacetamide-induced hepatocellular carcinoma. Hepatoma Res 2015;1:148-55.
15. Ramadan MF. Physalis peruviana pomace suppresses high-cholesterol diet-induced hypercholesterolemia in rats. J Int Fat Oil 2012;63:411-22.
16. Valdenegro M, Fuentes L, Herrera R, Moya-Leon MA. Changes in antioxidant capacity during development and ripening of goldenberry (Physalis peruviana L.) fruit and in response to 1-methylcyclopropene treatment. Postharvest Biol Technol 2012;67:110-7.
17. Arun M, Asha VV. Preliminary studies on antihepatotoxic effect of Physalis peruviana Linn. (Solanaceae) against carbon tetrachloride induced acute liver injury in rats. J Ethnopharmacol 2007;111:110-4.
18. Chang JC, Lin CC, Wu SJ, Lin DL, Wang SS, Miaw CL, Ng LT. Antioxidative and hepatoprotective effects of Physalis peruviana extract against acetaminophen induced liver injury in rats. Pharm Biol 2008;46:724-31.
19. Wu SJ, Ng LT, Lin DL, Wang SS, Lin CC. Physalisperuviana extract induces apoptosis in human Hep G2 cells through CD95/CD95L system and mitochondrial signalling transduction pathway. Cancer Lett 2004;215:199-208.
20. Pinto MS, Ranilla LG, Apostolidis E, Lajolo FM, Genovese MI. Evaluation of antihyperglycemia and antihypertension potential of native Peruvian fruits using in vitro models. J Med Food 2009;12:278-91.
21. Sarkar A, Basak R, Bishayee A, Basak J, Chatterjee M. B-Carotene inhibits rat liver chromosomal aberrations and DNA chain break after a single injection of diethylnitrosamine. J Br Cancer 1997;76:855-61.
22. Subramanian P, Mirunalini S, Dakshayani KB, Pandi-Perumal SR, Trakht I, Cardinali DP. Prevention by melatonin of hepatocarcinogenesis in rats injected with N-nitrosodiethylamine. J Pineal Res 2007;43:305-12.
23. Singha BN, Braj R, Singh BR, Sarma BK, Singha HB. Potential chemoprevention of N-nitrosodiethylamine-induced hepatocarcinogenesis by polyphenolics from Acacia niloticabark. Chem Biol Interact 2009;181:20-8.
24. Acosta AA. Direct immunoenzymatic determination of AFP in serum or plasma. J Clin Immunoassays 1983;6:41.
25. Reitman S, Frankel S. A colorimetric method for the determination of serum glutamic oxaloacetic and glutamic pyruvic transaminase. J Clin Pathol 1957;28:56-63.
26. Belfield A, Goldberg DM. Normal ranges and diagnostic value of serum 5'nucleotidase and alkaline phosphatase activities in infancy. Arch Dis Child 1971;46:842-6.
27. Ohkawa H, Ohishi N, Yagi K. Assay for lipid peroxides in animal tissues by thiobarbituric acid reaction. Ana Biochem 1982;95:351-8.
28. Prins HK, Losse JA. Biochemical methods. In: Yunis JJ, editor. ACS Publications, 1969. pp. 115-37.
29. Niskikimi M, Roa NA, Yagi K. Measurement of superoxide dismutase. Biophys Res Common 1972;46:849-54.
30. Bock PP, Karmer R, Paverka M. A simple assay for catalase determination. Cell Biol Monogr 1980;7:44-74.
31. Koracevic D, Koracevic G, Djordjevic V, Andrejevic S, Cosic V. Method for the measurement of antioxidant activity in human fluids. J Clin Pathol 2001;54:356-61.
32. Waller RA, Duncan DB. Bayes rule for the symmetric multiple comparison problems. J Am Stat Assoc 1969;64:1484-503.
33. El-Wakf AM, Hassan HA, Mahmoud AZ, Habza MN. Fenugreek potent activity against nitrate-induced diabetes in young and adult male rats. Cytotechnology 2015;67:437-47.
34. Ramalingam R, Vaiyapuri M. Effects of umbelliferone on lipid peroxidation and antioxidant status in diethylnitrosamine-induced hepatocellular carcinoma. J Acute Med 2013;3:73-82.
35. Kalaiselvan A, Gokulakrishnan K, Anand T, Akhilesh U, Velavan S. Preventive effect of shorea robusta bark extract against diethylnitrosamine-induced hepatocellular carcinoma in rats. J Int Res Med 2013;1:2-9.
36. Di Bisceglie AM, Sterling RK, Chung RT, Everhart JE, Dienstag JL, Bonkovsky HL, Wright EC, Everson GT, Lindsay K, Lok AS, Lee WM, Morgan TR, Ghany MG, Gretch DR. Serum alpha-fetoprotein levels in patients with advanced hepatitis C. J Hepatol 2005;43:434-41.
37. Maideen NM, Velayutham R, Manavalan G. Activity of prosopis cineraria against N-nitrosodiethylamine induced liver tumors by regulating the levels of tumor marker lipid peroxidation and antioxidants. AJPLS 2012;2:1-9.
38. Shaarawy SM, TohamyA, AElgendy SM AE, Elmageed ZYA, Bahnasy A, Mohamed MS, Kandil E, Matrougui K. Protective effects of garlic and silymarin on NDEA-induced rat hepatotoxicity. Int J Bio Sci 2009;5:549-57.
39. Dakshayani KB, Subramanian P, Manivasagam T. Imbalance melatonin modulates the oxidantantioxidant during N-nitrosodiethy-lamine induced hepatocarcinogenesis in rats. J Pharm Sci 2005;8:316-21.
40. Kawasaki N, Hamamoto Y, Nakajima T, Irie K, Ozawa H. Periodontal regeneration of transplanted rat molars after cryopreservation. Arch Oral Bio 2004;49:59-69.
41. Kobayashi T, Kawakubo T. Prospective investigation of tumor markers and risk assessment in early cancer screening. Cancer 1994;73:1946-53.
42. Patel NH, Condron BG, Zinn K. Pair-rule expression patterns of even-skipped are found in both short- and long-germ beetles. Nature 1994;367:429-34.
43. Iqbal Z, Lateef M, Ashraf M, Jabbar A. Anthelmintic activity of Artemisia brevifolia in sheep. J Ethnopharmacol 2004;93:265-8.
44. Manimaran A, Rajneesh CP. Activites of antioxidant enzyme and lipid peroxidation in ovarian cancer patients. J Acad Res 2009;2:68-72.
45. Parola M, Robino G. Oxidative stress related molecules and liver fibrosis. J Hepatol 2001;35:297-306.
46. Hirose M, Imaida K, Tamano S. Cancer chemoprevention by antioxidants. In: Ho CT, editor. Food phytochemicals: teas, spices and herbs. Washington: Am Chem Soc Press; 1994. pp. 122-32.
47. Klaunig JE, Kamendulis LM. The role of oxidative stress in carcinogenesis. Annu Rev Pharmacol Toxicol 2004;44:239-67.
48. Sen A. Rationality and social choice. Am Econom Rev 1995;5:1-24.
49. El-Shahat AN. Efficiency of broccoli in attenuating of some biochemical disorders in rats exposed to γ-irradiation. J Arab Nuc Sci Applic 2013;46:260-7.
50. De Duve C, Baudhuin P. Peroxisomes (microbodies and related particles). Physiol Rev 1996;46:323-57.
51. Kregel KC, Zhang HJ. An integrated view of oxidative stress in aging: basic mechanisms, functional effects, and pathological considerations. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 2007;292:18-36.
52. Hayes DJ, McLellan IL. Glutathione and glutathione-dependent enzymes represent a co-coordinately regulated defense against oxidative stress. Biomed Res 1999;31:273-300.
53. Al-Olayan E, El-Khadragy M, FOthman MS FO, Aref A, Kassab R, Abdel Moneim AE. The potential protective effect of Physalis peruviana L. against carbon tetrachloride induced hepatotoxicity in rats is mediated by suppression of oxidative stress and down regulation of MMP-9 expression. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2014;2014:381413.
54. Sgaroba MA, Ramadan FM. Rheological behavior and physicochemical characteristics of goldenberry (Physalis peruviana) juice as affected by enzymatic treatment. J Food Proc Preserv 2011;35:201-19.
55. Abdel Moneim AE, El-Deib KM. The possible protective effects of Physalis peruviana on carbon tetrachloride-induced nephrotoxicity in male albino rats. J Life Sci 2012;9:1038-52.
56. Hassan AI, Ghoneim MAM. A possible inhibitory effect of (Physalis pubescens) on diabetes in male rats. World Appl J Sci 2013;21:681-8.
57. Rashwan NM. Effect of Physalis and choline on lipid profile and antioxidant activity in hepatic A. J Sci 2012;6:654-60.
58. El-Gengaihi SE, Hamed MA, Khalaf-Allah R, Mohammed MA. Golden berry juice attenuates the severity of hepatorenal injury. J Diet Suppl 2013;10:357-69.
59. Loganayaki N, Siddhuraju P, Manian S. A comparative study on in vitro antioxidant activity of the legumes acacia auriculiformis and acacia ferruginea with a conventional legume Cajanus cajan. J Food 2011;9:8-16.