1. Wu XQ, Li XF, Ye B, Popat N, Milligan SR, Lightman SL, O'Byrne KT. Neonatal programming by immunological challenge: effects on ovarian function in the adult rat. Reproduction 2011;141:241-8.
2. Korosi A, Naninck EF, Oomen CA, Schouten M, Krugers H, Fitzsimons C, Lucassen PJ. Early-life stress mediated modulation of adult neurogenesis and behavior. Behav Brain Res 2012;227:400-9.
3. Spencer SJ, Galic MA, Pittman QJ. Neonatal programming of innate immune function. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 2011;300:E11-8.
4. Asiaei M, Solati J, Salari AA. Prenatal exposure to LPS leads to long-lasting physiological consequences in male offspring. Dev Psychobiol 2011;53:828-38.
5. Babri S, Doosti MH, Salari AA. Strain-dependent effects of prenatal maternal immune activation on anxiety- and depression-like behaviors in offspring. Brain Behav Immun 2014;37:164-76.
6. Doosti MH, Bakhtiari A, Zare P, Amani M, Majidi-Zolbanin N, Babri S, Salari AA. Impacts of early intervention with fluoxetine following early neonatal immune activation on depression-like behaviors and body weight in mice. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 2013;43:55-65.
7. Majidi-Zolbanin J, Azarfarin M, Samadi H, Enayati M, Salari AA. Adolescent fluoxetine treatment decreases the effects of neonatal immune activation on anxiety-like behavior in mice. Behav Brain Res 2013;250:123-32.
8. Ellis S, Mouihate A, Pittman QJ. Neonatal programming of the rat neuroimmune response: stimulus specific changes elicited by bacterial and viral mimetics. J Physiol 2006;571:695-701.
9. Sominsky L, Fuller EA, Bondarenko E, Ong LK, Averell L, Nalivaiko E, Dunkley PR, Dickson PW, Hodgson DM. Functional programming of the autonomic nervous system by early life immune exposure: implications for anxiety. PLoS One 2013;8:e57700.
10. Enayati M, Solati J, Hosseini MH, Shahi HR, Saki G, Salari AA. Maternal infection during late pregnancy increases anxiety- and depression-like behaviors with increasing age in male offspring. Brain Res Bull 2012;87:295-302.
11. Walker FR, March J, Hodgson DM. Endotoxin exposure in early life alters the development of anxiety-like behaviour in the Fischer 344 rat. Behav Brain Res 2004;154:63-9.
12. Osborn DP, Fletcher AE, Smeeth L, Stirling S, Bulpitt CJ, Breeze E, Ng ES, Nunes M, Jones D, Tulloch A. Factors associated with depression in a representative sample of 14 217 people aged 75 and over in the United Kingdom: results from the MRC trial of assessment and management of older people in the community. Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 2003;18:623-30.
14. Avishai-Eliner S, Brunson KL, Sandman CA, Baram TZ. Stressed-out, or in (utero)? Trends Neurosci 2002;25:518-24.
15. Konat GW, Lally BE, Toth AA, Salm AK. Peripheral immune challenge with viral mimic during early postnatal period robustly enhances anxiety-like behavior in young adult rats. Metab Brain Dis 2011;26:237-40.
16. Amani M, Samadi H, Doosti MH, Azarfarin M, Bakhtiari A, Majidi-Zolbanin N, Mirza-Rahimi M, Salari AA. Neonatal NMDA receptor blockade alters anxiety- and depression-related behaviors in a sex-dependent manner in mice. Neuropharmacology 2013;73:87-97.
17. Ibi D, Nagai T, Kitahara Y, Mizoguchi H, Koike H, Shiraki A, Takuma K, Kamei H, Noda Y, Nitta A, Nabeshima T, Yoneda Y, Yamada K. Neonatal PolyI:C treatment in mice results in schizophrenia-like behavioral and neurochemical abnormalities in adulthood. Neurosci Res 2009;64:297-305.
18. Soriano RN, Branco LG. Reduced stress fever is accompanied by increased glucocorticoids and reduced PGE2 in adult rats exposed to endotoxin as neonates. J Neuroimmunol 2010;225:77-81.