Topic: Open Questions in Aortic Surgery
A Special Issue of Vessel Plus
ISSN 2574-1209 (Online)
Submission deadline: 31 Jul 2020
Institute of Cardiovascular and Medical Sciences, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, UK.
Beijing Anzhen Hospital, Capital Medical University, Beijing, China.
Special Issue Introduction
Another interesting field of research in aortic surgery regards the development of biological substitutes of aorta as an alternative to the currently used artificial grafts. Approaches including tissue engineering and stem cells and regenerative medicine techniques to create vascular substitute mimicking the native vessels have been described with promising results. Surely, more research is granted in this field to overcome the intrinsic limitations of the currently available synthetic grafts.
This Special Issue will focus on these and other questions in aortic surgery and the journal will accept manuscripts on the following topics:
1. Open and endovascular techniques for aortic disease treatment
2. Outcomes of aortic open and endovascular surgery
3. Clinical research in aortic surgery (optimization of care, risk factors identification, etc)
4. Anesthetic management and postoperative care
5. Patient's quality of life and nursing perspectives in aortic surgery
6. Basic science studies on the pathogenesis and biological mechanisms in aortic disease
7. Translational research in aortic surgery including tissue engineering, stem cells and regenerative medicine approaches, benchmark studies, animal and other preclinical studies
1. Original articles
4. Case reports or case series
5. Letter to Editor (this is intended to discuss the results of recent manuscripts published in this journal or in other international journals)
Authors are also welcome to send letters to Editor to suggest manuscripts. Besides, authors of selected publications will be further invited for an expert video interview and the video will be announced on this Special Issue website and published on the journal and other platforms.
For Author Instructions, please refer to https://www.oaepublish.com/vp/author_instructions
For Online Submission, please login at https://oaemesas.com/login?JournalId=vp&SpecialIssueId=395
Submission Deadline: 31 Jul 2020
Contacts: Mavis Wei, Assistant Editor, email@example.com