Topic: Cybersecurity of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
A Special Issue of Journal of Surveillance, Security and Safety
ISSN 2694-1015 (Online)
Submission deadline: 29 Feb 2024
Special Issue Introduction
This Special Issue aims to comprehensively address the escalating cybersecurity challenges pertinent to UAVs. These challenges predominantly encompass vulnerabilities within both their software and hardware components. Flight control software, communication protocols, sensors, and operating systems are prime examples of susceptible areas. The prevalent utilization of generic chips, open-source operating systems, universal protocols, and cost-effective software architectures, while ensuring user-friendliness and affordability, frequently inadvertently overlooks the critical aspect of security. Consequently, UAVs become prone to exploitable security gaps, rendering them susceptible to malicious interventions. Such vulnerabilities pose a substantial risk to both the integrity of UAV operations and the overall progress of the UAV industry. Therefore, it is of paramount importance to proactively identify and counteract potential threats that could compromise UAV security.
This Special Issue invites researchers and practitioners to contribute their insights and expertise on a diverse array of topics related to UAV security. Some of the key areas this Special Issue will cover include:
● Software and Hardware Vulnerability Analysis: In-depth exploration of vulnerabilities within flight control software, communication protocols, sensors, and operating systems that could be exploited by malicious actors;
● Threat Detection Techniques: Novel methodologies for detecting potential cybersecurity threats, leveraging advanced analytics, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and anomaly detection;
● Security-enhanced Architectures: Design and implementation of robust UAV architectures that integrate security at every level, mitigating risks arising from common chips, open-source systems, and universal protocols;
● Encryption and Data Protection: Strategies for ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and authenticity of UAV data during transmission and storage;
● Intrusion Detection and Prevention: Development of intrusion detection systems and real-time threat response mechanisms to safeguard UAV operations from unauthorized access;
● Case Studies and Practical Implementations: Real-world case studies, experiences, and best practices in fortifying UAV security within various sectors, including military, civil, industrial, and consumer applications.
We invite researchers, academics, and industry experts to contribute their original research, reviews, and case studies that advance the understanding and enhancement of UAV security. By addressing these critical issues, we endeavor to foster a safer and more resilient environment for the widespread and sustainable deployment of UAV technology.
For Author Instructions, please refer to https://oaepublish.com/jsss/author_instructions
For Online Submission, please login at https://oaemesas.com/login?JournalId=jsss&SpecialIssueId=jsss230814
Submission Deadline: 29 Feb 2024
Contacts: Yoyo Bai, Assistant Editor, firstname.lastname@example.org