Topic: Authentication and Authorization
A Special Issue of Journal of Surveillance, Security and Safety
ISSN 2694-1015 (Online)
Submission deadline: 15 Nov 2023
Special Issue Introduction
Authentication is the process of determining the validity of a self-proclaimed legitimate user, and authorization is the process of determining which resources a user is allowed to access. Malicious attacks can be avoided in the Internet of vehicles, smart grid, and the Internet of Things (IoT) by verifying the user's legitimacy and reasonable authorized participants. Meanwhile, the confidentiality and integrity of data can be ensured through proper authentication and authorization mechanisms. How to achieve reasonable and efficient authentication and authorization has become an increasingly interesting topic for researchers and developers in academic fields and industries worldwide.
This Special Issue aims to gather recent advances and novel contributions from academic researchers and industry practitioners on the topic of protecting data security and user privacy through appropriate authentication and authorization mechanisms in various network environments. In addition, this Special Issue welcomes relevant researchers to discuss the recent developments in data security and privacy protection in the background of data sharing. Through this Special Issue, we aim to advance the development of authentication and authorization in data security and privacy protection. We welcome original research and review articles.
Potential topics include but are not limited to the following:
● Vehicle authentication and trajectory data privacy preserving algorithm in the Internet of vehicles;
● Attack defense model and data privacy-preserving in the Internet of Things (IoT);
● Security technologies and privacy-preserving of user data in the smart grid;
● Novel applications and research on lightweight authentication and authorization mechanisms;
● Collaborative authentication and authorization and other security technologies maintenance and operation in smart cities;
● Novel network and communication technologies that support authentication and authorization;
● New generalizable lightweight cryptographic authentication algorithms;
● Application and research of Authentication Encryption (AE) in various network environments.
Authentication, authorization, authentication encryption, privacy-preserving, lightweight authentication
For Author Instructions, please refer to https://oaepublish.com/jsss/author_instructions
For Online Submission, please login at https://oaemesas.com/login?JournalId=jsss&SpecialIssueId=jsss230105
Submission Deadline: 15 Nov 2023
Contacts: Stella Qian, Assistant Editor, Stella@jsssjournal.com