Recruitment of Youth Editorial Board Members
To provide young scholars with an active academic exchange platform for exchanging ideas with each other and influential experts in the field of disaster prevention and resilience, the Editorial Office of Disaster Prevention and Resilience is now recruiting global Youth Editorial Board members through self-recommendation and Editorial Board selection.
As a member of the Youth Editorial Board, you will have the chance to work alongside the current Editorial Board, which consists of world-famous scholars who are working together to build an active academic platform and promote collaboration in the field of disaster prevention and resilience globally. You are invited to apply for this position.
- No publication fee for your article once it is accepted after peer-review before SCI indexing;
- Priority publication of your work and recommended articles in Disaster Prevention and Resilience after peer review and acceptance;
- Opportunities to participate in or host annual meetings and online seminars organized by the Editorial Office;
- Opportunities to exchange ideas with internationally influential researchers in this field;
- Publish two articles free after the journal indexed by SCI;
- An opportunity to be promoted to the Editorial Board based on contributions to the journal;
- A certificate of appointment issued by the Editor-in-Chief.
1. Disaster Prevention and Resilience
Disaster Prevention and Resilience is an international, peer-reviewed, open access journal devoted to developing knowledge and capacity in strategic and practical aspects of reducing the impact of natural and human-instigated disasters. Disaster Prevention and Resilience publishes applied and fundamental research, critical reviews, policy papers and case studies with a particular focus on multi-disciplinary fields. The journal encourages articles in the following areas:
- Natural and human-instigated disasters;
- Disaster risk perception and communication;
- Disaster risk analysis;
- Disaster risk-informed decision making;
- Disaster risk reduction and management;
- Disaster resilience of built environment;
- Sustainability under global warming;
- Social science / urban planning;
- Education in disaster prevention and resilience.
Disaster Prevention and Resilience was founded by OAE Publishing Inc. in 2021, with the Editor-in-Chief Professor Jie Li (Academician of Chinese Academy of Sciences).
2. Recruitment Eligibility
- Research background in the field of disaster prevention and resilience is needed;
- Experienced in publishing & reviewing papers on SCI journals;
- Passionate about building world-class academic journals.
3. Responsibilities of a Youth Editorial Board Member
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Contribute at least one high-quality research article or a review article to the journal during the tenure;
- Participate in peer-review works of the journal at least twice a year and help control the publishing quality;
- Publicize and promote the journal at academic conferences and among peers;
- Provide suggestions and guidance for the development of the journal.
4. Term and Evaluation of Youth Editorial Board Members
Term of appointment: two years. Dynamic selection of the next Youth Editorial Board according to the completion of annual tasks.
Evaluation: The Editorial Board will conduct an annual evaluation based on the work plan formulated at the beginning of each year, and the outstanding person will be re-elected.
Please fill in the form Young Editorial Committee Application form for DPR and send to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of "Disaster Prevention and Resilience Youth Editorial Board Application + Name+Institute"
Application deadline: August 30, 2022
The selection process of the Youth Editorial Board: a preliminary review of resume → selection by the Editorial Board → confirmation and publicity.
The Editorial Board looks forward to receiving your application.