A Special Interview with Editorial Board Member - Dr. Ehsan Noroozinejad Farsangi
On January 19th, 2023, the Editorial Office of Journal of Smart Environments and Green Computing was honored and delighted to have a special interview with Dr. Ehsan Noroozinejad Farsangi. He is an active researcher in the field of Robotic Construction and Smart Structures. In this interview, he shared the future research trends and challenges in this field and presented his new book.
About Dr. Ehsan Noroozinejad Farsangi
Dr. Ehsan Noroozinejad Farsangi is currently a Senior Researcher at UBC Smart Structures, Canada, a Tenured Faculty Member at the Graduate University of Advanced Technology, Iran, and also an Adjunct Associate Professor at Southeast University, China. Dr. Noroozinejad is the director of the Resilient Structures Research Group, which consists of tens of top-ranked international researchers. In addition, he is the Founder and Chief Editor of the International Journal of Earthquake and Impact Engineering, the Associate Editor of the ASCE Practice Periodical on Structural Design and Construction, the Associate Editor of the IET Journal of Engineering, the Associate Editor of Frontiers in Built Environment: Earthquake Engineering Section, the Editor of the Journal of Reliability Engineering and Resilience, and the Engineering Editor of ASCE Natural Hazards Review. He has published over 120 high-impact journal papers in indexed journals and 5 books with reputed publishers in his field of expertise. His main research interests include smart structures, resilience-based design, reliability analysis, artificial intelligence, construction robotics, intelligent infrastructure, and digital twins in construction. Dr. Noroozinejad is the recipient of many national and international awards, including the prestigious Associate Editor Award in 2022 by the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)for his consistent and exemplary service in enhancing ASCE's publication activities.
The recording of this interview can be found below:
1. What are the main research areas of the sustainable built environment today? What are your specific research interests in this field?
2. We noticed that you pay specific attention to Robotic Construction and the development of Smart Structures. In your opinion, what are the future research trends and challenges in the area?
3. Would you like to introduce your new book named "Automation in Construction toward Resilience: Robotics, Smart Materials & Intelligent Systems", which will be published next month? Please also introduce the other book you published recently titled "Resilient Structures and Infrastructure", which has been purchased, downloaded, and read by over 19,000 researchers worldwide.
4. You are the Founder and Director of Resilient Structures Research Cluster (RSRC). What are the scopes and objectives of this research group?
5. Recently, you founded a Book Series on "Data-Centric Engineering". Would you please describe the goals of this new series? Will smart and sustainable infrastructure and cities be covered in this series?
You can access Dr. Noroozinejad's research profiles via the following URLs:
Respectfully Submitted by the Editorial Office
Journal of Smart Environments and Green Computing