1. Mitz N, Peyronie M. The superficial muscoloaponeurotic system (SMAS) in the parotid and cheek area. Plast Reconstr Surg 1976;58:80-8.
2. Correia P, Zani R. Surgical anatomy of the facial nerve, as related to ancillary operations in rhytidoplasty. Plast Reconstr Surg 1973;52:549-52.
4. Byars IT. Preservation of the facial nerve in operations for benign conditions of the parotid area. Ann Surg 1952;136:412.
5. Nelson DW, Gingrass RP. Anatomy of the mandibular branches of the facial nerve. Plast Reconstr Surg 1979;64:479-82.
6. Adamson JE, McCraw JB, Carraway JH. Use of a muscle flap in lower blepharoplasty. Plast Reconstr Surg 1979;63:359-63.
7. Mendelson BC. Fat preservation technique of lower-lid blepharoplasty. Aesthetic Surg J 2001;21:450-9.
8. Coleman SR, Grover R. The anatomy of the aging face: volume loss and changes in 3-dimensional topography. Aesthet Surg J 2006;26:S4-9.
9. Wilhelmi BJ, Mowlavi A, Neumeister MW. The safe face lift with bony anatomic landmarks to elevate the SMAS. Plast Reconstr Surg 2003;111:1723-6.
10. Mentz HA 3rd, Ruiz-Razura A, Patronella CK, Newall G. Facelift: measurement of superficial muscular aponeurotic system advancement with and without zygomaticus major muscle release. Aesthetic Plast Surg 2005;29:353-62.
12. Kamer FM, Frankel AS. SMAS rhytidectomy versus deep plane rhytidectomy: an objective comparison. Plast Reconstr Surg 1998;102:878-81.
13. Ruess W, Owsley JQ. The anatomy of the skin and fascial layers of the face in aesthetic surgery. Clin Plast Surg 1987;14:677-82.
14. Massiha H. Short-scar face lift with extended SMAS platysma dissection and lifting and limited skin undermining. Plast Reconstr Surg 2003;112:663-9.
15. Rohrich RJ, Pessa JE. The fat compartments of the face: anatomy and clinical implications for cosmetic surgery. Plast Reconstr Surg 2007;119:2219-27.
16. Özdemir R, Kilinç H, Ünlü RE, AÇ Uysal, Sensöz O, Baran CN. Anatomicohistologic study of the retaining ligaments of the face and use in face lift: retaining ligament correction and SMAS plication. Plast Reconstr Surg 2002;110:1134-47.
17. Webster RC, Smith RC, Papsidero MJ, Karolow WW, Smith KF. Comparison of SMAS plication with SMAS imbrication in face lifting. Laryngoscope 1982;92:901-12.
18. Little JW. Volumetric perceptions in midfacial aging with altered priorities for rejuvenation. Plast Reconstr Surg 2000;105:252-66.