1. Capeheart JK. Chronic venous insufficiency: a focus on prevention of venous ulceration. J Wound Ostomy Continence Nurs 1996;23:227-34.
2. Abbade LP, Lastória S, Rollo HeA. Venous ulcer: clinical characteristics and risk factors. Int J Dermatol 2011;50:405-11.
3. González-Consuegra RV, Verdú J. Quality of life in people with venous leg ulcers: an integrative review. J Adv Nurs 2011;67:926-44.
5. Margolis DJ, Bilker W, Santanna J, Baumgarten M. Venous leg ulcer: incidence and prevalence in the elderly. J Am Acad Dermatol 2002;46:381-6.
6. Phillips T, Stanton B, Provan A, Lew R. A study of the impact of leg ulcers on quality of life: financial, social, and psychologic implications. J Am Acad Dermatol 1994;31:49-53.
7. Ruckley CV. Socioeconomic impact of chronic venous insufficiency and leg ulcers. Angiology 1997;48:67-9.
8. Van den Oever R, Hepp B, Debbaut B, Simon I. Socio-economic impact of chronic venous insufficiency. An underestimated public health problem. Int Angiol 1998;17:161-7.
9. O'Connell SM, Impeduglia T, Hessler K, Wang XJ, Carroll RJ, Dardik H. Autologous platelet-rich fibrin matrix as cell therapy in the healing of chronic lower-extremity ulcers. Wound Repair Regen 2008;16:749-56.
10. Knighton DR, Ciresi KF, Fiegel VD, Austin LL, Butler EL. Classification and treatment of chronic nonhealing wounds. Successful treatment with autologous platelet-derived wound healing factors (PDWHF). Ann Surg 1986;204:322-30.
11. Knighton DR, Ciresi K, Fiegel VD, Schumerth S, Butler E, Cerra F. Stimulation of repair in chronic, nonhealing, cutaneous ulcers using platelet-derived wound healing formula. Surg Gynecol Obstet 1990;170:56-60.
12. Celotti F, Colciago A, Negri-Cesi P, Pravettoni A, Zaninetti R, Sacchi MC. Effect of platelet-rich plasma on migration and proliferation of SaOS-2 osteoblasts: role of platelet-derived growth factor and transforming growth factor-beta. Wound Repair Regen 2006;14:195-202.
13. Cullum N, Nelson EA, Fletcher AW, Sheldon TA. Compression bandages and stockings for venous leg ulcers. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2000;(2):CD000265.
14. O'Connell SM, Hessler K, Dardik H. Cascade® Autologous system platelet-rich fibrin matrix in the treatment of chronic leg ulcers. Adv Wound Care 2012;1:52-5.
15. Hartmann A, Quist J, Hamm H, Brocker EB, Friedl P. Transplantation of autologous keratinocyte suspension in fibrin matrix to chronic venous leg ulcers: improved long-term healing after removal of the fibrin carrier. Dermatol Surg 2008;34:922-9.
16. Hankin CS, Knispel J, Lopes M, Bronstone A, Maus E. Clinical and cost efficacy of advanced wound care matrices for venous ulcers. J Manag Care Pharmacy 2012;18:375-84.
17. O'Donnell TF, Lau J. A systematic review of randomized controlled trials of wound dressings for chronic venous ulcer. J Vasc Surg 2006;44:1118-25.
18. Winter GD. Formation of the scab and the rate of epithelization of superficial wounds in the skin of the young domestic pig. Nature 1962;193:293-4.
20. Smith BA. The dressing makes the difference. Trial of two modern dressings on venous ulcers. Prof Nurse 1994;9:348, 350-2.
21. Palfreyman SJ, Nelson EA, Lochiel R, Michaels JA. Dressings for healing venous leg ulcers. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2006;(3):CD001103.