1. Dragun AE, Huang B, Tucker TC, Spanos WJ. Increasing mastectomy rates among all age groups for early stage breast cancer: a 10-year study of surgical choice. Breast J 2012;18:318-25.
2. Dragun AE, Pan J, Riley EC, Kruse B, Wilson MR, Rai S, Jain D. Increasing use of elective mastectomy and contralateral prophylactic surgery among breast conservation candidates: a 14-year report from a comprehensive cancer center. Am J Clin Oncol 2013;36:375-80.
3. Katipamula R, Degnim AC, Hoskin T, Boughey JC, Loprinzi C, Grant CS, Brandt KR, Pruthi S, Chute CG, Olson JE, Couch FJ, Ingle JN, Goetz MP. Trends in mastectomy rates at the Mayo Clinic Rochester: effect of surgical year and preoperative magnetic resonance imaging. J Clin Oncol 2009;27:4082-8.
4. Kummerow KL, Du L, Penson DF, Shyr Y, Hooks MA. Nationwide trends in mastectomy for early-stage breast cancer. JAMA Surg 2015;150:9-16.
5. Mahmood U, Hanlon AL, Koshy M, Buras R, Chumsri S, Tkaczuk KH, Cheston SB, Regine WF, Feigenberg SJ. Increasing national mastectomy rates for the treatment of early stage breast cancer. Ann Surg Oncol 2013;20:1436-43.
6. Rowland JH, Desmond KA, Meyerowitz BE, Belin TR, Wyatt GE, Ganz PA. Role of breast reconstructive surgery in physical and emotional outcomes among breast cancer survivors. J Natl Cancer Inst 2000;92:1422-9. Erratum in: J Natl Cancer Inst 2001;93:68
7. Atisha DM, Rushing CN, Samsa GP, Locklear TD, Cox CE, Shelley Hwang E, Zenn MR, Pusic AL, Abernethy AP. A national snapshot of satisfaction with breast cancer procedures. Ann Surg Oncol 2015;22:361-9.
8. Guyomard V, Leinster S, Wilkinson M. Systematic review of studies of patients' satisfaction with breast reconstruction after mastectomy. Breast 2007;16:547-67.
9. Ng SK, Hare RM, Kuang RJ, Smith KM, Brown BJ, Hunter-Smith DJ. Breast reconstruction post mastectomy: patient satisfaction and decision making. Ann Plast Surg 2016;76:640-4.
10. Huber KM, Zemina KL, Tugertimur B, Killebrew SR, Wilson AR, DallaRosa JV, Prabhakaran S, Dayicioglu D. Outcomes of breast reconstruction after mastectomy using tissue expander and implant reconstruction: bigger is better. Ann Plast Surg 2016;76:S316-9.
11. FDA Investigational Device Exemption (IDE) approval number G150173.
12. Mentor Receives FDA IDE Approval for its ATHENA Clinical Trial. Available from: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/mentor-receives-fda-ide-approval-for-its-athena-clinical-trial-300220185.html [Last accessed on 27 Dec 2017].
13. Fischer JP, Wes AM, Kanchwala S, Kovach SJ. Effect of BMI on modality-specific outcomes in immediate breast reconstruction (IBR)-a propensity-matched analysis using the 2005-2011 ACS-NSQIP datasets. J Plast Surg Hand Surg 2014;48:297-304.
14. World Helath Organizaton BMI Classification. Available from: http://apps.who.int/bmi/index.jsp?introPage=intro_3.html [Last accessed on 27 Dec 2017].