1. Guarrera M, Rebora A. Anagen hairs may fail to replace telogen hairs in early androgenic female alopecia. Dermatology 1996;192:28-31.
2. Guarrera M, Rebora A. Kenogen in female androgenetic alopecia. A longitudinal study. Dermatology 2005;210:18-20.
3. Trüeb RM. Telogen Effluvium: Is there a need for a new classification? Skin Appendage Disord 2016;2:39-44.
4. Kligman AM. Pathologic dynamics of human hair loss. I. Telogen effuvium. Arch Dermatol 1961;83:175-98.
5. Rook A, Dawber R. Chapter 5. Diffuse alopecia: endocrine, metabolic and chemical influences on the follicular cycle. In: Rook A, Dawber R, eds. Diseases of the Hair and Scalp. Oxford, UK: Blackwell Science Publications; 1982. pp. 115-45.
9. Chen W, Thiboutot D, Zouboulis CC. Cutaneous androgen metabolism: basic research and clinical perspectives. J Invest Dermatol 2002;119:992-1007.
10. Hoffmann R, Happle R. Current understanding of androgenetic alopecia. Part II: clinical aspects and treatment. Eur J Dermatol 2000;10:410-7.
11. Griffin JE, Wilson JD. The metabolic basis of inherited disease. The resistance syndromes: 5alpha reductase deficiency, testicular feminisation and related disorders. New York: McGraw-Hill; 1989. pp. 1919-44.
12. Sawaya ME, Price VH. Different levels of 5alpha-reductase type I and II, aromatase, and androgen receptor in hair follicles of women and men with androgenetic alopecia. J Invest Dermatol 1997;109:296-300.
13. Birch MP, Messenger JF, Messenger AG. Hair density, hair diameter and the prevalence of female pattern hair loss. Br J Dermatol 2001;144:297-304.
14. Norwood OT. Incidence of female androgenetic alopecia (female pattern alopecia). Dermatol Surg 2001;27:53-4.
15. Lengg N, Heidecker B, Seifert B, Trüeb RM. Dietary supplement increases anagen hair rate in women with telogen effluvium: results of a double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Therapy 2007;4:59-65.
16. Orme S, Cullen DR, Messenger AG. Diffuse female hair loss: are androgens necessary? Br J Dermatol 1999;141:521-3.
17. Cousen P, Messenger A. Female pattern hair loss in complete androgen insensitivity syndrome. Br J Dermatol 2010;162:1135-7.
18. Urysiak-Czubatka I, Kmieć ML, Broniarczyk-Dyła G. Assessment of the usefulness of dihydrotestosterone in the diagnostics of patients with androgenetic alopecia. Postepy Dermatol Alergol 2014;31:207-15.
19. Wolff H, Fischer TW, Blume-Peytavi U. The diagnosis and treatment of hair and scalp diseases. Dtsch Arztebl Int 2016;113:377-86.
22. Fiedler VC, Gray AC. Chapter 10. Diffuse alopecia: telogen hair loss. In: Olsen EA, ed. Disorders of Hair Growth: Diagnosis and Treatment. 2nd ed. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill Publishing; 2003. pp. 303-20.
24. Rajput R. Understanding hair loss due to air pollution and the approach to management. Hair Ther Transplant 2015;5:133.
25. Rajput RS. Benefit from vitamin therapy in smoker's hair. Hair Ther Transplant 2016;6:141.
28. Bahta AW, Farjo N, Farjo B, Philpott MP. Premature senescence of balding dermal papilla cells in vitro is associated with p16(INK4a) expression. J Invest Dermatol 2008;128:1088-94.
30. Ustuner ET. Cause of androgenic alopecia: crux of the matter. Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open 2013;1:e64.
32. Sawaya ME, Price VH. Different levels of 5alpha-reductase type I and II, aromatase, and androgen receptor in hair follicles of women and men with androgenetic alopecia. J Invest Dermatol 1997;109:296-300.
33. Chen W, Thiboutot D, Zouboulis CC. Cutaneous androgen metabolism: basic research and clinical perspectives. J Invest Dermatol 2002;119:992-1007.
34. Hoffmann R, Happle R. Current understanding of androgenetic alopecia. Part II: clinical aspects and treatment. Eur J Dermatol 2000;10:410-7.
35. Inadomi T. Efficacy of finasteride for treating patients with androgenetic alopecia who are pileous in other areas: a pilot study in japan. Indian J Dermatol 2014;59:163-5.
36. Price VH, Roberts JL, Hordinsky M, Olsen EA, Savin R, Bergfeld W, Fiedler V, Lucky A, Whiting DA, Pappas F, Culbertson J, Kotey P, Meehan A, Waldstreicher J. Lack of efficacy of finasteride in postmenopausal women with androgenetic alopecia. J Am Acad Dermatol 2000;43:768-76.
37. Kaufman KD, Olsen EA, Whiting D, Savin R, DeVillez R, Bergfeld W, Price VH, Van Neste D, Roberts JL, Hordinsky M, Shapiro J, Binkowitz B, Gormley GJ. Finasteride in the treatment of men with androgenetic alopecia. Finasteride male pattern hair loss study group. J Am Acad Dermatol 1998;39:578-89.
38. Irwig MS. Persistent sexual side effects of finasteride: could they be permanent? J Sex Med 2012;9:2927-32.
39. Traish AM, Hassani J, Guay AT, Zitzmann M, Hansen ML. Adverse side effects of 5α-reductase inhibitors therapy: persistent diminished libido and erectile dysfunction and depression in a subset of patients. J Sex Med 2011;8:872-84.
40. Eun HC. The involvement of ROS on androgen inducible TGF beta 1 regulation derived from dermal papilla cells; a suggestive implication of ROS on androgenetic alopecia. J Am Academy Dermatol 2008;58:AB84.
41. Shin H, Yoo HG, Inui S, Itami S, Kim IG, Cho AR, Lee DH, Park WS, Kwon O, Cho KH, Won CH. Induction of transforming growth factor-beta 1 by androgen is mediated by reactive oxygen species in hair follicle dermal papilla cells. BMB Rep 2013;46:460-4.
44. Betsy A, Binitha M, Sarita S. Zinc deficiency associated with hypothyroidism: an overlooked cause of severe alopecia. Int J Trichol 2013;5:40-2.
45. Ozturk P, Kurutas E, Ataseven A, Dokur N, Gumusalan Y, Gorur A, Tamer L, Inaloz S. BMI and levels of zinc, copper in hair, serum and urine of Turkish male patients with androgenetic alopecia. J Trace Elem Med Biol 2014;28:266-70.
46. Jaworsky C, Kligman AM, Murphy GF. Characterization of inflammatory infiltrates in male pattern alopecia: implications for pathogenesis. Br J Dermatol 1992;127:239-46.
47. Young JW, Conte ET, Leavitt ML, Nafz MA, Schroeter AL. Cutaneous immunopathology of androgenetic alopecia. J Am Osteopath Assoc 1991;91:765-71.
48. Rajendrasingh JR. Role of non androgenic factors in hair loss and hair regrowth. J Cosmo Trichol 2017;3:118.
49. Rajput R. The concept of cyclical nutritional therapy for hair growth which can be applied for wellness. J Nutr Food Sci 2017;7:615.
50. Roughead ZK, Zito CA, Hunt JR. Inhibitory effects of dietary calcium on the initial uptake and subsequent retention of heme and nonheme iron in humans: comparisons using an intestinal lavage method. Am J Clin Nutr 2005;82:589-97.
51. Brown EB Jr, Dubach R, Moore CV. Studies in iron transportation and metabolism. XI. Critical analysis of mucosal block by large doses of inorganic iron in human subjects. J Lab Clin Med 1958;52:335-55.
54. Wang L, Li Q, Duan XL, Chang YZ. Effects of extracellular iron concentration on calcium absorption and relationship between Ca2+ and cell apoptosis in Caco-2 cells. World J Gastroenterol 2005;11:2916-21.
56. Rutkowski M, Grzegorczyk K. Adverse effects of antioxidative vitamins. Int J Occup Med Environ Health 2012;25:105-21.
57. Barzel US, Massey LK. E Excess dietary protein can adversely affect bone. J Nutr 1998;128:1051-3.
58. Linkswiler HM, Zemel MB, Hegsted M, Schuette S. Protein-induced hypercalciuria. Fed Proc 1981;40:2429-33.
60. Itoh R, Nishiyama N, Suyama Y. Dietary protein intake and urinary excretion of calcium: a cross-sectional study in a healthy Japanese population. Am J Clin Nutr 1998;67:438-44.
61. Everts HB. Endogenous retinoids in the hair follicle and sebaceous gland. Biochim Biophys Acta 2012;1821:222-9.
62. Foitzik K, Spexard T, Nakamura M, Halsner U, Paus R. Towards dissecting the pathogenesis of retinoid-induced hair loss: all-trans retinoic acid induces premature hair follicle regression (catagen) by upregulation of transforming growth factor-beta2 in the dermal papilla. J Invest Dermatol 2005;124:1119-26.
65. Guo EL, Katta R. Diet and hair loss: effects of nutrient deficiency and supplement use. Dermatol Pract Concept 2017;7:1-10.
66. Eritsland J. Safety considerations of polyunsaturated fatty acids. Am J Clin Nutr 2000;71:S197-201.
67. Harper AE. Origin of recommended dietary allowances--an historic overview. Am J Clin Nutr 1985;41:140-8.
68. Spirichev VB. Scientific rationale for the use of vitamins in the prophylactic and therapeutic purposes. Report 1. Lack of vitamins in the diet of modern human: reasons, consequences and correction. Vopr Pitan 2010;79:4-14. (in Russian).
69. Beer C, Wood S, Veghte RH. A clinical trial to investigate the effect of Cynatine HNS on hair and nail parameters. Scientific World Journal 2014;2014:641723.
70. Rizer RL, Stephens TJ, Herndon JH, Sperber BR, Murphy J, Ablon GR. A marine protein-based dietary supplement for subclinical hair thinning/loss: results of a multisite, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial. Int J Trichology 2015;7:156-66.
71. Nichols AJ, Hughes OB, Canazza A, Zaiac MN. An open-label evaluator blinded study of the efficacy and safety of a new nutritional supplement in androgenetic alopecia: a pilot study. J Clin Aesthet Dermatol 2017;10:52-6.
72. Rajput RJ. Cyclical medicine for hair loss management and improved results in hair transplantation. Hair Transplant Forum Int 2008;18:208-10.
73. Rajput RJ. Controversy: is there a role for adjuvants in the management of male pattern hair loss? J Cutan Aesthet Surg 2010;3:82-6.
74. Rajput R. Improvement in hair loss and better hair quality with vitamin therapy in monilethrix. J Cosmo Trichol 2016;2:113.
75. Rajput R. Hair Loss due to electromagnetic radiation from overuse of cell phone. J Cosmo Trichol 2016;2:114.
76. Olsen EA, Dunlap FE, Funicella T, Koperski JA, Swinehart JM, Tschen EH, Trancik RJ. A randomized clinical trial of 5% topical minoxidil versus 2% topical minoxidil and placebo in the treatment of androgenetic alopecia in men. J Am Acad Dermatol 2002;47:377-85.
77. Sarris J, Cox KH, Camfield DA, Scholey A, Stough C, Fogg E, Kras M, White DJ, Sali A, Pipingas A. Participant experiences from chronic administration of a multivitamin versus placebo on subjective health and wellbeing: a double-blind qualitative analysis of a randomised controlled trial. Nutr J 2012;11:110.