1. Kroll SS, Rosenfield L. Perforator-based flaps for low posterior midline defects. Plast Reconstr Surg 1988;81:561-6.
2. Koshima I, Soeda S. Inferior epigastric artery skin flaps without rectus abdominis muscle. Br J Plast Surg 1989;42:645-8.
3. Brunetti B, Tenna S, Poccia I, Persichetti P. Propeller flaps with reduced rotational angles: clinical experience on 40 consecutive reconstructions performed at different anatomical sites. Ann Plast Surg 2017;78:202-7.
4. Zang M, Guo L, Liu Y. Propeller medial arm flap: a plan "B" for reconstruction of radiation ulcer of the chest wall. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 2014;67:1769-70.
5. Moon SH, Choi JY, Lee JH, Oh DY, Rhie JW, Ahn ST. Feasibility of a deepithelialized superior gluteal artery perforator propeller flap for various lumbosacral defects. Ann Plast Surg 2015;74:589-93.
6. Cheng A, Saint-Cyr M. Use of a pre-expanded "propeller" deep inferior epigastric perforator (DIEP) flap for a large abdominal wall defect. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 2013;66:851-4.
7. D'Arpa S, Cordova A, Pignatti M, Moschella F. Freestyle pedicled perforator flaps: safety, prevention of complications, and management based on 85 consecutive cases. Plast Reconstr Surg 2011;128:892-906.
8. Go JY, Lim SY, Mun GH, Bang SI, Oh KS, Pyon JK. Recycling delayed perforator flap: Deep inferior epigastric artery perforator-based propeller flap from a prior vertical rectus abdominis musculocutaneous flap. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 2011;64:1238-41.
9. Ono S, Chung KC, Hayashi H, Ogawa R, Takami Y, Hyakusoku H. Application of multidetector-row computed tomography in propeller flap planning. Plast Reconstr Surg 2011;127:703-11.
10. Ang GG, Rozen WM, Chauhan A, Acosta R. The pedicled 'propeller'deep inferior epigastric perforator (DIEP) flap for a large abdominal wall defect. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 2011;64:133-5.
11. Xu Y, Hai H, Liang Z, Feng S, Wang C. Pedicled fasciocutaneous flap of multi-island design for large sacral defects. Clin Orthop Relat Res 2009;467:2135-41.
12. Zang M, Yu S, Xu L, Zhao Z, Zhu S, Ding Q, Liu Y. Intercostal artery perforator propeller flap for reconstruction of trunk defects following sarcoma resection. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 2015;68:822-9.
13. Oh TS, Hallock G, Hong JP. Freestyle propeller flaps to reconstruct defects of the posterior trunk: a simple approach to a difficult problem. Ann Plast Surg 2012;68:79-82.
14. Yu S, Zang M, Xu L, Zhao Z, Zhang X, Zhu S, Chen B, Ding Q, Liu Y. Perforator propeller flap for oncologic reconstruction of soft tissue defects in trunk and extremities. Ann Plast Surg 2016;77:456-63.
15. Yuste V, Delgado J, Silva M, Rodrigo J, Albi-ana F. The double gluteal myocutaneous propeller flap for the coverage of massive myelomingoceles. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 2014;67:737-8.
16. Schmidt VJ, Horch RE, Dragu A, Beier JP, Eyüpoglu IY, Hirsch A, Kneser U. Myocutaneous propeller flap based on the superior gluteal artery (SGA) for closure of large lumbosacral meningomyelocoele defects: a case report. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 2012;65:521-4.
17. Kim DY, Kim HY, Han YS, Park JH. Chest wall reconstruction with a lateral thoracic artery perforator propeller flap for a radiation ulcer on the anterior chest. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 2013;66:134-6.
18. Brunetti B, Tenna S, Aveta A, Poccia I, Segreto F, Cerbone V, Persichetti P. Posterior trunk reconstruction with the dorsal intercostal artery perforator based flap: clinical experience on 20 consecutive oncological cases. Microsurgery 2016;36:546-51.
19. Ioannidis S, Spyropoulou GA, Sadigh P, Shih HS, Jeng SF. Pedicled free-style perforator flaps for trunk reconstruction: a reliable method. Plast Reconstr Surg 2015;135:602-9.
20. Kneser U, Beier JP, Schmitz M, Arkudas A, Dragu A, Schmidt VJ, Kremer T, Horch RE. Zonal perfusion patterns in pedicled free-style perforator flaps. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 2014;67:e9-17.
21. Iida T, Narushima M, Yoshimatsu H, Mihara M, Kikuchi K, Hara H, Yamamoto T, Araki J, Koshima I. Versatility of lateral cutaneous branches of intercostal vessels and nerves: anatomical study and clinical application. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 2013;66:1564-8.
22. Gunnarsson GL, Jackson IT, Westvik TS, Thomsen JB. The freestyle pedicle perforator flap: a new favorite for the reconstruction of moderate-sized defects of the torso and extremities. Eur J Plast Surg 2015;38:31-6.
23. Baghaki S, Diyarbakirlioglu M, Sahin U, Kucuksucu MA, Turna A, Baca B, Aydın Y. Extended locoregional use of intercostal artery perforator propeller flaps. Microsurgery 2017;37:293-9.
24. Saint-Cyr M, Wong C, Schaverien M, Mojallal A, Rohrich RJ. The perforasome theory: vascular anatomy and clinical implications. Plast Reconstr Surg 2009;124:1529-44.
25. Ono S, Hayashi H, Ohi H, Ogawa R. Imaging studies for preoperative planning of perforator flaps: an overview. Clin Plast Surg 2017;44:21-30.
26. Wong CH, Cui F, Tan BK, Liu Z, Lee HP, Lu C, Foo CL, Song C. Nonlinear finite element simulations to elucidate the determinants of perforator patency in propeller flaps. Ann Plast Surg 2007;59:672-8.