1. Wilkins EG, Cederna PS, Lowery JC, Davis JA, Kim HM, Roth RS, Goldfarb S, Izenberg PH, Houin HP, Shaheen KW. Prospective analysis of psychosocial outcomes in breast reconstruction: one-year postoperative results from the Michigan Breast Reconstruction Outcome Study. Plast Reconstr Surg 2000;106:1014-25.
2. Atisha D, Alderman AK, Lowery JC, Kuhn LE, Davis J, Wilkins EG. Prospective analysis of long-term psychosocial outcomes in breast reconstruction: two-year postoperative results from the Michigan Breast Reconstruction Outcomes Study. Ann Surg 2008;247:1019-28.
3. Chao LF, Patel KM, Chen SC, Lam HB, Lin CY, Liu HE, Cheng MH. Monitoring patient-centered outcomes through the progression of breast reconstruction: a multicentered prospective longitudinal evaluation. Breast Cancer Res Treat 2014;146:299-308.
4. Brandberg Y, Malm M, Blomqvist L. A prospective and randomized study "SVEA" comparing effects of three methods for delayed breast reconstruction on quality of life, patient-defined problem areas of life, and cosmetic result. Plast Reconstr Surg 2000;105:66-74.
5. Massenburg BB, Sanati-mehrizy P, Ingargiola MJ, Rosa JH, Taub PJ. Flap failure and wound complications in autologous breast reconstruction: a national perspective. Aesthetic Plast Surg 2015;39:902-9.
6. Spear SL, Masden D, Rao SS, Nahabedian MY. Long-term outcomes of failed prosthetic breast reconstruction. Ann Plast Surg 2013;71:286-91.
7. Hamdi M, Casaer B, Andrades P, Thiessen F, Dancey A, D'Arpa S, Van Landuyt K. Salvage (tertiary) breast reconstruction after implant failure. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 2011;64:353-9.
8. Hamdi M, Andrades P, Thiessen F, Stillaert F, Roche N, Van Landuyt K, Monstrey S. Is a second free flap still an option in a failed free flap breast reconstruction? Plast Reconstr Surg 2010;126:375-84.
9. Levine SM, Lester ME, Fontenot B, Allen RJ. Perforator flap breast reconstruction after unsatisfactory implant reconstruction. Ann Plast Surg 2011;66:513-7.
10. Roostaeian J, Yoon AP, Ordon S, Gold C, Crisera C, Festekjian J, Da Lio A, Lipa JE. Impact of prior tissue expander/implant on postmastectomy free flap breast reconstruction. Plast Reconstr Surg 2016;137:1083-91.
11. Visser NJ, Damen TH, Timman R, Hofer SO, Mureau MA. Surgical results, aesthetic outcome, and patient satisfaction after microsurgical autologous breast reconstruction following failed implant reconstruction. Plast Reconstr Surg 2010;126:26-36.
12. Albornoz CR, Bach PB, Mehrara BJ, Disa JJ, Pusic AL, McCarthy CM, Cordeiro PG, Matros E. A paradigm shift in U.S. breast reconstruction: increasing implant rates. Plast Reconstr Surg 2013;131:15-23.
13. El-Sabawi B, Sosin M, Carey JN, Nahabedian MY, Patel KM. Breast reconstruction and adjuvant therapy: a systematic review of surgical outcomes. J Surg Oncol 2015;112:458-64.
14. Cordeiro PG, Albornoz CR, Mccormick B, Hu Q, Van zee K. The impact of postmastectomy radiotherapy on two-stage implant breast reconstruction: an analysis of long-term surgical outcomes, aesthetic results, and satisfaction over 13 years. Plast Reconstr Surg 2014;134:588-95.
15. Higgins KS, Gillis J, Williams JG, Leblanc M, Bezuhly M, Chorney JM. Women's experiences with flap failure after autologous breast reconstruction: a qualitative analysis. Ann Plast Surg 2017;78:521-5.
16. Munhoz AM, Montag E, Arruda EG, Okada A, Fonseca A, Filassi JR, Gemperli R. The use of contralateral free extended latissimus dorsi myocutaneous flap for a tertiary failed breast reconstruction: is it still an option? J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 2016;69:1087-91.
17. Moher D, Liberati A, Tetzlaff J, Altman DG; PRISMA Group. Preferred reporting items for systematic reviews and meta-analyses: the PRISMA statement. Int J Surg 2010;8:336-41.
18. Pülzl P, Huemer GM, Schoeller T. Transverse musculocutaneous gracilis flap for treatment of capsular contracture in tertiary breast reconstruction. Ann Plast Surg 2015;74:167-72.
19. Mioton LM, Seth A, Gaido J, Fine NA, Kim JY. Tracking the aesthetic outcomes of prosthetic breast reconstructions that have complications. Plast Surg (Oakv) 2014;22:70-4.
20. Mohan AT, Al-Ajam Y, Mosahebi A. Trends in tertiary breast reconstruction: literature review and single centre experience. Breast 2013;22:173-8.
21. Rabey NG, Lie KH, Kumiponjera D, Erel E, Simcock JW, Malata CM. Salvage of failed prosthetic breast reconstructions by autologous conversion with free tissue transfers. Eplasty 2013;13:e32.
22. Peled AW, Stover AC, Foster RD, Mcgrath MH, Hwang ES. Long-term reconstructive outcomes after expander-implant breast reconstruction with serious infectious or wound-healing complications. Ann Plast Surg 2012;68:369-73.
23. Gurunluoglu R, Shafighi M, Schwabegger A, Ninkovic M. Secondary breast reconstruction with deepithelialized free flaps from the lower abdomen for intractable capsular contracture and maintenance of breast volume. J Reconstr Microsurg 2005;21:35-41.
24. Mosahebi A, Atherton D, Ramakrishnan V. Immediate bilateral autologous breast reconstruction for silicone intolerance. Br J Plast Surg 2005;58:714-6.
25. Spear SL, Onyewu C. Staged breast reconstruction with saline-filled implants in the irradiated breast: recent trends and therapeutic implications. Plast Reconstr Surg 2000;105:930-42.
26. Weiss PR, Ship AG. Restoration of breast contour with autologous tissue after removal of implants. Ann Plast Surg 1995;34:236-41.
27. Feng LJ, Mauceri K, Berger BE. Autogenous tissue breast reconstruction in the silicone-intolerant patient. Cancer 1994;74:440-9.
28. Hammond DC, Simon AM, Khuthaila DK, Hoberman L, Sohn S. Latissimus dorsi flap salvage of the partially failed TRAM flap breast reconstruction. Plast Reconstr Surg 2007;120:382-9.
29. Karanas YL, Santoro TD, Shaw WW, Da Lio AL. Use of the latissimus dorsi flap for recontouring and augmentation after TRAM flap breast reconstruction. Ann Plast Surg 2002;48:343-7.
30. Hu ES, Pusic AL, Waljee JF, Kuhn L, Hawley ST, Wilkins E, Alderman AK. Patient-reported aesthetic satisfaction with breast reconstruction during the long-term survivorship period. Plast Reconstr Surg 2009;124:1-8.
31. Kronowitz SJ, Hunt KK, Kuerer HM, Babiera G, McNeese MD, Buchholz TA, Strom EA, Robb GL. Delayed-immediate breast reconstruction. Plast Reconstr Surg 2004;113:1617-28.
32. Kronowitz SJ, Lam C, Terefe W, Hunt KK, Kuerer HM, Valero V, Lance S, Robb GL, Feng L, Buchholz TA. A multidisciplinary protocol for planned skin-preserving delayed breast reconstruction for patients with locally advanced breast cancer requiring postmastectomy radiation therapy: 3-year follow-up. Plast Reconstr Surg 2011;127:2154-66.
33. Patel KM, Albino F, Fan KL, Liao E, Nahabedian MY. Microvascular autologous breast reconstruction in the context of radiation therapy: comparing two reconstructive algorithms. Plast Reconstr Surg 2013;132:251-7.