2. Eming SA, Krieg T, Davidson JM. Inflammation in wound repair: molecular and cellular mechanisms. J Invest Dermatol 2007;127:514-25.
3. Khodr B, Khalil Z. Modulation of inflammation by reactive oxygen species: implications for aging and tissue repair. Free Radic Biol Med 2001;30:1-8.
4. Hallberg CK, Trocme SD, Ansari NH. Acceleration of corneal wound healing in diabetic rats by the antioxidant Trolox. Res Comm Mol Pathol Pharmacol 1996;93:3-12.
5. McDaniel DH, Ash K, Lord J, Newman J, Zukowski M. Accelerated laser resurfacing wound healing using a triad of topical antioxidants. Dermatol Surg 1998;24:661-4.
6. Madlener M, Parks WC, Werner S. Matrix metalloproteinases and their physiological inhibitors (TIMPs) are differentially expressed during excisional skin wound repair. Exp Cell Res 1998;242:201-10.
7. Kakkar R, Kalra J, Mantha SV, Prasad K. Lipid peroxidation and activity of antioxidant enzymes in diabetic rats. Mol Cell Biochem 1995;151:113-9.
8. Wiseman H, Halliwell B. Damage to DNA by reactive oxygen and nitrogen species: role in inflammatory disease and progression to cancer. Biochem J 1996;313:17-29.
9. Sivitz WI, Yorek MA. Mitochondrial dysfunction in Diabetes: from molecular mechanisms to functional significance and therapeutic opportunities. Antioxid Redox Signal 2010;12:537-77.
10. Rolo AP, Palmeira CM. Diabetes and mitochondrial function: role of hyperglycemia and oxidative stress. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 2006;212:167-78.
12. Hsu WT, Tsai LY, Lin SK, Hsiao JK, Chen BH. Effects of diabetes duration and glycemic control on free radicals in children with type1 diabetes mellitus. Ann Clin Lab Sci 2006;36:174-8.
13. Flora SJ. Structural, chemical and biological aspects of antioxidants for strategies against metal and metalloid exposure. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2009;2:191-206.
14. Valko M, Leibfritz D, Moncol J, Cronin MT, Mazur M, Telser J. Free radicals and antioxidants in normal physiological functions and human disease. Int J Biochem Cell Biol 2007;39:44-84.
15. Honnegowda TM, Kumar P, Udupa P, Rao P, Bhandary S, Mahato KK, Sharan A, Mayya SS. Effect of limited access dressing on hydroxyproline and enzymatic antioxidant status in nonhealing chronic ulcers. Indian J Plast Surg 2014;47:216-20.
16. Polack G, McCray V, Tyner T, Kane S, Vu K, Yamaguchi K Jr, Merriman J, Ishimoto M, Hasson A, Sian K, Yamaguchi KT. Accelerated wound closure in a diabetic mouse model after exposure to phenanthrenequinone. Ann Plast Surg 2013;70:720-5.
17. Blume PA, Walters J, Payne W, Ayala J, Lantis J. Comparison of negative pressure wound therapy using vacuum-assisted closure with advanced moist wound therapy in the treatment of diabetic foot ulcers: a multicenter randomized controlled trial. Diabetes Care 2008;31:631-66.
18. Neuman RE, Logan MA. The determination of collagen and elastin in tissues. J Biol Chem 1950;86:549-56.
19. Lowry OH, Rosebrough MH, Farr L, Randell RJ. Protein measurement with the Folin phenol reagent. J Biol Chem 1951;193:265-75.
20. Young PK, Grinnell F. Metalloproteinase activation cascade after burn injury: a longitudinal analysis of the human wound environment. J Invest Dermatol 1994;103:660-4.
21. Green LC, Wagner DA, Glogowski J, Skipper PL, Wishnok JS, Tannenbaum SR. Analysis of nitrate, nitrite, and [15N] nitrate in biological fluids. Anal Biochem 1982;126:131-8.
22. Beutler E, Duron O, Kefly BM. Improved method for the determination of blood glutathione. J Lab Clin Med 1963;61:882-8.
23. Ohkawa H, Ohishi N, Yagi K. Assay for lipid peroxides in animal tissues by thiobarbituric acid reaction. Anal Biochem 1979;95:351-8.
24. Abd-El-Aleem SA, Ferguson MW, Appleton I, Kairsingh S, Jude EB, Jones K, Mc Collum CN, Ireland GW. Expression of nitric oxide synthase isoforms and arginase in normal human skin and chronic venous leg ulcers. J Pathol 2000;191:434-42.
25. Rojkind M, Domínguez-Rosales JA, Nieto N, Greenwel P. Role of hydrogen peroxide and oxidative stress in healing responses. Cell Mol Life Sci 2002;59:1872-91.
26. Moseley R, Hilton JR, Waddington RJ, Harding KG, Stephens P, Thomas DW. Comparison of oxidative stress biomarker profiles between acute and chronic wound environments. Wound Repair Regen 2004;12:419-29.
27. Joseph E, Hamori CA, Bergman S, Roaf E, Swann NF, Anastasi GW. A prospective randomized trial of vacuum-assisted closure versus standard therapy of chronic nonhealing wounds. Wounds 2000;12:60-7.
28. Kumar P. Exploiting potency of negative pressure in wound dressing using limited access dressing and suction-assisted dressing. Indian J Plast Surg 2012;45:302-15.
29. Kumar P, Sharma A. The limited access dressing for damage control in trauma patients. Wounds 2010;22:188-92.
30. Rasik AM, Shukla A. Antioxidant status in delayed healing type of wounds. Int J Exp Pathol 2000;81:257-63.
31. Tengrup I, Hallmans G, Agren MS. Granulation tissue formation and metabolism of zinc and copper in alloxan-diabetic rats. Scand J Plast Reconstr Surg Hand Surg 1988;22:41-5.
32. Spanheimer RG, Umpierrez GE, Stumpf V. Decreased collagen production in diabetic rats. Diabetes 1988;37:371-6.
33. Honnegowda TM, Kumar P, Padmanabha Udupa EG, Sharan A, Singh R, Prasad HK, Rao P. Effects of limited access dressing in chronic wounds: A biochemical and histological study. Indian J Plast Surg 2015;48:22-8.
34. Lobmann R, Ambrosch A, Schultz G, Waldmann K, Schiweck S, Lehnert H. Expression of matrix-metalloproteinases and their inhibitors in the wounds of diabetic and non-diabetic patients. Diabetologia 2002;45:1011-6.
35. Liu Y, Min D, Bolton T, Nubé V, Twigg SM, Yue DK, McLennan SV. Increased matrix metalloproteinase-9 predicts poor wound healing in diabetic foot ulcers. Diabetes Care 2009;32:117-9.
36. Boykin JV, Jr. Wound nitric oxide bioactivity: a promising diagnostic indicator for diabetic foot ulcer management. J Wound Ostomy Continence Nurs 2010;37:25-32.
37. Johansen JS, Harris AK, Rychly DJ, Ergul A. Oxidative stress and the use of antioxidants in diabetes: linking basic science to clinical practice. Cardiovasc Diabetol 2005;4:5.
38. Honório-França AC, Marins CM, Boldrini F, França EL. Evaluation of hypoglycemic activity and healing of extract from amongst bark of "Quina do Cerrado" (Strychnos pseudoquina ST. HILL). Acta Cir Bras 2008;23:504-10.
39. Ceriello A, Quatraro A, Caretta F, Varano R, Giugliano D. Evidence for a possible role of oxygen free radicals in the abnormal functional arterial vasomotion in insulin dependent diabetes. Diabete Metab 1990;16:318-22.